Is the Dunlop D404 good?

magic_man185

I am looking for a rear tire to put on my '98 Suzuki Marauder VZ800, without breaking the bank. I found a D404 190/50H15, which from what I can tell is the correct size and rating for my bike, for $100 before mounting. Is this a fairly decent tire? Anyone used them in the past? Is there anything better in that general price range I should check out?

Thanks,

Magic- The 404 is Dunlop's replacement for the old Elite line. It's a solid value tire. I believe the actual size on the rear of that bike is a 150/90/15. I don't know that a 190 will fit in there. The 404 is a great tire for the money. The other tire I would reccomend in that price range is the Continental milestone. Hope this helps.

"IMO it's a crap tire and not worth any amount."

I won't argue with you, but keep in mind the VTX weighs almost 200 pounds more than the suzi. Like I said, for the money it's a decent tire. If it were my bike i would spend the extra $$$ and put a metzeler on it.

I decided to go with the D404, I am pretty sure that this is actually the factory tire that my bike came with, so it should be a good replacement. I am picking up the tire today, and will probably get it mounted and balanced this weekend. Can't wait to ride!! Thanks for all your help.