1993 mustang 5.0

Miller

Posting for a friend: please don't pm/contact me. Make use of the number provided.

The car's in decent condition with 230,xxx on the body. The interior can use some work now, carpet and seats primarily. The motor was freshened up within the last 3xxx miles with a head swap and new block. Engine was running strong and sounded great however the fuel pump has just died - I do not have any sort of tools to drop the tank and replace the pump.

List of current services include:

Water pump, radiator flush.

Oil Change.

Newer tires.

Pads + rotors

Starter replaced

New ecu (a9l)

Engine modifications include:

Jet chip & tune

Shorty tube headers

Cold air intake.

30lb Injectors

Cobra MAF

Distributor cap, plugs & wires

GT40p heads - valve springs/retainers.

The car moves out with the list of current mods and makes great power but as stated the fuel pump is going to need to be replaced. He's already at his bottom dollar of $2000.

Serious inquires only please call: 614-551-0321

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/2567061731.html

holy way too big injectors Batman

Hah. Saw the Craigslist ad before and thought the same.

Seriously though, OP, do you know what year the new engine is or was it actually just a new block with the stock rotating assembly? Mainly I'm looking to verify it's still a roller cam engine and if it has forged pistons or not (the 93 engine did not). Manual trans I presume?

I can call him, I just don't want to waste his time if you know since I think I want something in a bit better shape - but for the price I'm still mildly interested.

Seriously though, OP, do you know what year the new engine is or was it actually just a new block with the stock rotating assembly? Mainly I'm looking to verify it's still a roller cam engine and if it has forged pistons or not (the 93 engine did not). Manual trans I presume?

I can call him, I just don't want to waste his time if you know since I think I want something in a bit better shape - but for the price I'm still mildly interested.

I have never known ANYONE to swap a non roller engine into one of these with EFI

He will likely be the one wasting your time, he's not well educated in Mustangs. In my experience I haven't seen that done. Like Schmuck said, it's not likely to have happened. Anyway, I know that he bought a block and assembly (probably craigslist) and swapped the top end on there with the addition of some gt40p heads. Yes, it's a 5 speed car with a newish clutch.

I have never known ANYONE to swap a non roller engine into one of these with EFI

It is retarded, but I have seen several non-roller swaps. I believe they were mostly or all carbed, so you could be right...

Still, point is these cars can be pretty bastardized. I don't assume anything anymore.

:fa:

It is retarded, but I have seen several non-roller swaps. I believe they were mostly or all carbed, so you could be right...

Still, point is these cars can be pretty bastardized. I don't assume anything anymore.

:fa:

Exactly, that's why this spring if I don't wind up in a GTS I am buying a clean roller and starting from there.

have you personally seen the car run/drive? might be interested

I saw the car run and drive last season and it sounded good and moved out. I haven't hung with the guy this year and apparently the fuel pump's dead.