Auto loan interest rates

Brrcats

Anyone up to speed on some places that have low used auto loan interest rates?

I typically hit up the credit unions and have seen 3.4% and 3.9% so far.

Anyone run by anything lower than that?

That is a pretty stellar rate on a used vehicle. What credit union? I am currently with Kemba on my truck and couldnt be happier.

-Marc

Pentagon Federal is running 1.99% right now. But you have to be military, ex-military, or government employee to join. They are the best credit union, as far as I'm concerned... :nod:

How are they on mortgages? Speaking of...are you ready yet? :p

-Marc

Pentagon Federal is running 1.99% right now. But you have to be military, ex-military, or government employee to join. They are the best credit union, as far as I'm concerned... :nod:

We get a lot of Navy Federal and USAA customers. They are usually competitive.

OP, what kind of car is that 3.4-3.9% loan on? As was said earlier, thats a great rate for any used car but I'm assuming its something low miles in the 2008-10 range?

That is a pretty stellar rate on a used vehicle. What credit union? I am currently with Kemba on my truck and couldnt be happier.

-Marc

We get a lot of Navy Federal and USAA customers. They are usually competitive.

OP, what kind of car is that 3.4-3.9% loan on? As was said earlier, thats a great rate for any used car but I'm assuming its something low miles in the 2008-10 range?

THe 3.4% was through wright patt credit union, the 3.9% was through the credit union at my work.

Its for a C6 corvette

-Marc

Im with Kemba as well. they were nice enough to give me an unsecured loan for my car so i could keep the title, and keep insurance at just liability.

however, my interest rate is 15.49%. LOL

I have a friend who went with Pentagon Federal, he is not military or government employee. If you aren't, you just have to pay them $20 or so as a one time fee to join an organization that supports military members, then they let you apply for a loan through them because you are a member of one of the supporting groups. Better hope you have damn good credit though.

THe 3.4% was through wright patt credit union, the 3.9% was through the credit union at my work.

Its for a C6 corvette

I had a young customer get her car financed through them. We couldn't even come close.

They can offer ridiculous rates because they know EXACTLY where to go to find your employer and your finances.

I have a friend who went with Pentagon Federal' date=' he is not military or government employee. If you aren't, you just have to pay them $20 or so as a one time fee to join an organization that supports military members, then they let you apply for a loan through them because you are a member of one of the supporting groups. Better hope you have damn good credit though.[/quote']

I can definitely handle a little upfront fee for a 1.99%. I have good credit, in the high 700's.

I had a young customer get her car financed through them. We couldn't even come close.

They can offer ridiculous rates because they know EXACTLY where to go to find your employer and your finances.

I had my Z financed through them at like a 3.6%

If you can get in PenFed consistantly has the best rates.

F- Wright-Patt, we were customers for years and when we went to purchase the GT3 they made us jump through hoops to approve us on that car. Including requiring me to get an independant appraisal of whatever car I wanted to buy at a cost of $400 to me because they were idiots and couldn't find an acceptable book value for the car. Mind you, my wife and I are both just shy of 800 credit scores.

We ended up going with Telhio, I think they're still offering the 2.89% that we got right now..I think we got nabbed for a .25% penalty because the car I was buying was over 5 years old but in the end we're just over 3% and they approved us for the car in 15 minutes. Most painless process I've ever been though. No hassles becasue the car was out of state, super friendly staff. They have earned my business for a long time to come.

If you can get in PenFed consistantly has the best rates.

F- Wright-Patt, we were customers for years and when we went to purchase the GT3 they made us jump through hoops to approve us on that car. Including requiring me to get an independant appraisal of whatever car I wanted to buy at a cost of $400 to me because they were idiots and couldn't find an acceptable book value for the car. Mind you, my wife and I are both just shy of 800 credit scores.

We ended up going with Telhio, I think they're still offering the 2.89% that we got right now..I think we got nabbed for a .25% penalty because the car I was buying was over 5 years old but in the end we're just over 3% and they approved us for the car in 15 minutes. Most painless process I've ever been though. No hassles becasue the car was out of state, super friendly staff. They have earned my business for a long time to come.

Dang, I didnt have that problem with them at all, but maybe because the Z was a more common car. but yikes, never like to hear horror stories. I'll check out telhio, see what they can offer. Wow, looks like they have a branch literally 5 minutes from my work.

Until this year I had been a customer of Wright-Patt for over 15 years. I've given them what I feel is a really good chunk of business. I could not believe how difficult they made it in this transaction and how exceptionally quick and easy it was to get it done when I finally told them to fly a kite and went elsewhere. I was trying to be loyal to them knowing they didn't have the best rates and they could have given two shits.

I have a friend who went with Pentagon Federal' date=' he is not military or government employee. If you aren't, you just have to pay them $20 or so as a one time fee to join an organization that supports military members, then they let you apply for a loan through them because you are a member of one of the supporting groups. Better hope you have damn good credit though.[/quote']

I did not know that. And yes, you need great credit. Mine is over 800, so yeah... :fuckyeah:

I am a member and do not meet any of these criteria. I just had to make a $25 dollar donation to some military charity.