Anyone been to Amish country?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Me, my wife and our son along with a few friends are going to Amish country on saturday. I am simply going for the food haha, has anyone here ever went before? If so where are some good places to eat at and also what should we check out (I don't wanna hear, check out everything) haha. I think they offer buggy rides which we might do with our son but not sure.

My wife and I go a couple times a year. We normally eat dinner at either Der Dutchman in Walnut Creek or the Amish Door in Wilmot. Since you have a kid, I suggest stopping at Hershberger Farm and Bakery. They have a big petting zoo area. There are a ton of places, just make sure you pick up a local map and go where sounds good.

Blood red- I will check out the petting zoo for sure, my son loves animals. We have the cheese factory planned already lol. I just want some home made style food damnit. We used to have an amish restraunt here in town called Millers, but they didn't feel the need to pay taxes and got their shit shut down haha.

Blood red- I will check out the petting zoo for sure, my son loves animals. We have the cheese factory planned already lol. I just want some home made style food damnit. We used to have an amish restraunt here in town called Millers, but they didn't feel the need to pay taxes and got their shit shut down haha.

Be ready to wait in a long line at the "Cheese factory" Crazy long lines of old people on the weekend. Either get there early or be ready to wait. I think they open at 10 am.

A couple friends of ours are going as well, we're going to Der Dutchmen to eat? I've heard good things from my family and friends about this place, hopefully it lives up to the hype

IMO it is just bland country food. I cannot stand eating there.

Well not gonna lie it was kind of a dissapointment. The best part was the food at Der Dutchmen. I had broasted chicken, mashed potatoes, rollss and some noodles. The Cheese factory was a waste of time to say the least. The area where you buy food and taste test was the size of my bathroom. We did get to see the biggest horse in Holmes county, a 3k lb horse named Ben. This was at a petting zoo we stopped at, the funniest thing was the goats on the roof top.

It wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but then again it was something to do and fill time with. The cruise there and back was nice due to the scenery. I would go again for the food and the cruise. I think with a little more time it could've been better, we didn't do the hay ride, buggy ride or anything like that.