CCW Class

jerrodh

A buddy and I are looking to get our CCW and I maybe able to come up with a few others, I know a class that happens at Spring Valley State park Range that if we can get a group of ten together its cheap at $45, anyone interested?

Or does anyone know of any other good classes for a good price?

Do you need to own a firearm to get a ccw? Im getting one for christmas but would like it prior to to actually getting it.

No, however most classes don't furnish a firearm with the class so you'll need to at least borrow one for the range portion.

A buddy and I are looking to get our CCW and I maybe able to come up with a few others, I know a class that happens at Spring Valley State park Range that if we can get a group of ten together its cheap at $45, anyone interested?

http://www.athomeccwohio.com/ another member and I took it from this guy

Do you need to own a firearm to get a ccw? Im getting one for christmas but would like it prior to to actually getting it.

No you don't need to own one, but if who you Take the class through doesn't rent them or provide them you may have to borrow a friends

Im in for sure! Pm me with details!

Thanks,

Eric

I went to blackwing and thought it was a fine class. It might have been more on the higher end as prices go, but you get a range pass for the next 30 days (on tuesdays)

and Attorney Ken Hanson gives a two hour Q&A which IMHO is well worth it. You couldn't sit in a lawyers office for two hours and get the information he gives for their class fee.

Ok eric If we get more interest I will definitly keep you in the loop, no other details really as of yet because we need to muster up a group of 10 to get the low rate of $45. Otherwise we could do it at his regular price which is like $85-$100 if i recall.

but yeah you just need a handgun and usually they ask for 100-200 rounds. Also it will be a single day 12 hour course with range time.

There is not date yet we can likely pick our own date. I know the guy typically does the class on either a saturday or sunday for 12 hours. I prefer sooner than later as well so the 15th could work we just need to fill the group out. If you got two, eric and myself and my buddy we are already halfway there.

I'll call the guy and tell him we got five and see if he maybe has some others trying to fill a group out he could contact. I'll try and call tomorrow or thursday I can fore sure.

I completed my CCW class through Aim Hi in New Albany. Relatively, it seems a bit pricer. I did the weekend class. Looks like they even offer a one-day class option. You don't need to bring your own firearm to the class - they have everything there that you need. Here's the link in case you're interested:

http://nasr.hostasaurus.com/TRAIN/CCW.html

I did mine at Krav Maga. Cost me 95 with my own gun. The instructors brought about 20 or so various other handguns to the class and the range, all ranging from .22 to .45 of various different manufacturers. Very good experience if you don't own a gun already to see what really fits in your hand and see how it shoots instead of just going out and getting a Glock.

The class was 125 I believe if you didn't have your own firearm.

Ok eric If we get more interest I will definitly keep you in the loop, no other details really as of yet because we need to muster up a group of 10 to get the low rate of $45. Otherwise we could do it at his regular price which is like $85-$100 if i recall.

but yeah you just need a handgun and usually they ask for 100-200 rounds. Also it will be a single day 12 hour course with range time.

Well im pretty sure Antwon (my brother) and his GF would be in on it so thats 3 right there for you!!!

Eric.