Can anyone offer me legal advice?

bmwohio

So my wife got rear-end yesterday by some, no English speaking- Mexican kid with no driver’s license and no insurance. So we now have to file under our uninsured motorist and pay out our deductible to get her vehicle fixed.

Has anyone ever dealt with something like this? Can I sue this piece of shit for my deductible and any medical bills (wife may go to doctor today due to sore neck and back) or will I be spending more on legal fees to chase this guy and have nothing to show for it at the end?

What if I just start showing up at his house telling him I want my $500 deductible? I may actually do that.

The system sucks, because the officer told my wife that he would write this illegal alien a ticket and then cut him loose(he can’t hold him for anything)

….that seems like a bullshit call for rear-ending someone and then getting to walk away with a small slap on the wrist.

/endrant

Again, are there any attorneys/police officer’s/people who have been through this among this board that can offer some free advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

So my wife got rear-end yesterday by some, no English speaking- Mexican kid with no driver’s license and no insurance. So we now have to file under our uninsured motorist and pay out our deductible to get her vehicle fixed.

Has anyone ever dealt with something like this? Can I sue this piece of shit for my deductible and any medical bills (wife may go to doctor today due to sore neck and back) or will I be spending more on legal fees to chase this guy and have nothing to show for it at the end?

What if I just start showing up at his house telling him Quiero que mi $ 500! I may actually do that.

The system sucks, because the officer told my wife that he would write this illegal alien a ticket and then cut him loose(he can’t hold him for anything)

….that seems like a bullshit call for rear-ending someone and then getting to walk away with a small slap on the wrist.

/endrant

Again, are there any attorneys/police officer’s/people who have been through this among this board that can offer some free advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Fixed....... ^^ My reasoning is that I'll annoy this shit out of him until he pays up. Or I can go to his place of work "Spaghetti Warehouse" and hassle the shit out of him there.....can you tell i'm a little pissed off about this? I don't want to pay $500 for some other fucking idiots mistake.......You would think if you have no driver's license or insurance you would pay extra fucking special attention to your driving. My wife was at a complete stop when this guy screeeeeched into the back of her...it could have been avoided by just paying attention to the giant Ford Edge in front of him.

The same shit happened to a friend of mine. He had to eat his deductible but the guy who hit him got deported. I think the ticketing officer just didn't want to deal with a bunch of paperwork, it sounds like he should've been a bit more diligent in figuring out why an at-fault driver is driving unlicensed and uninsured

6-7 years ago...10 days after I finished a custom front bumper for my Audi, my wife was hit by an uninsured motorist on her way to work ruining my brand new bumper, fender and some of the hood on that car.

At the time of the incident the guy provided an insurance card with his wife's name on it so the cops only cited him for the accident, however we found out days later he was excluded from her policy and they were not going to pay for the damages. This dumb ass even tried to fight getting cited for the incident so we had to go to court for that and even when we presented documentation showing he was not insured at the time of the incident he never got in trouble for it as they stated they couldn't charge him for that after the fact?

Long story short I was soo completely upset about it I thought about all of the above, I somewhat stalked him and made calls to him several times but the basic story was he was not able to work (yet he was able to go buy beeer at 7:30 in the morning) and was basically a dead beat, he'd refused to pay us anything and I eventually gave up. Your insurance company will also pursue the individual for damages but in our case they were never able to recover any of their losses hence neither were we. Had they collected in full we would have been given our deductible back, don't expect it though.

Your uninsured coverage should have bodily injury as well as property damage so they will cover medical bills to a minimal extent in the event she comes away with any.

Thanks.

This made me LOOOOL. Why would you ever ask for a PIG's help? They are some of the biggest corrupt, worthless, unintelligent scum that are in today's society. They know nothing of the law and care nothing about citizens that write their check. Their primary purpose is to provide income to the city/state in the form of written traffic citations - that is all.

edit: Was this a Westerville cop? If so, you need to call the city police cheif immediately - this is the only way to get these worthless fucks to do anything... call their boss. The people of Westerville do not stand for bullshit like this.

• Downvote 1

Sounds like my luck.. Of the three times I've been hit, twice the person didn't have insurance, and last time the girl fled the scene and gave a false statement afterwards leading to "no fault".

Unfortunately, the least stressful route is to just pay the deductible and hope the insurance is able to collect from the guy.

If she is hurt would it be considered an assault since he shouldnt have been driving?

I see this as an arrestable offence. Fuck I went to jail for a fucking roach in my pocket before. In N.C. if you are driving with no liscense, revoked, or suspended you go to jail and have to make bail.

Sucks to be you but at least you had the insurance.

Damn thing happend to me in my STi. Got rearended and then told the prosecutor that I want the guy to pay my deductable. He had 60-100 pulled out of his work check once a week until it was paid. He was recently released from prison and his PO would call me to make sure he was paying for it. Worked out alright in the end, but still a pain in the ass.

Oh I never hired a lawyer or anything. Represented myself :fuckyeah:

Damn thing happend to me in my STi. Got rearended and then told the prosecutor that I want the guy to pay my deductable. He had 60-100 pulled out of his work check once a week until it was paid. He was recently released from prison and his PO would call me to make sure he was paying for it. Worked out alright in the end, but still a pain in the ass.

Oh I never hired a lawyer or anything. Represented myself :fuckyeah:

bauce

I think ICE needs to know that the spaghetti warehouse is employing illegals

good point. Find out where the dude lives and make a complaint that illegals are living there. Didn't they just do an illegal immigrant pick up in Ohio? Everywhere that fuckers moves do file a complaint. His families residence and everything.

Your uninsured coverage should have bodily injury as well as property damage so they will cover medical bills to a minimal extent in the event she comes away with any.

I would check on this though. I don't know know if this is Ohio law or just the way coverages are where I work, but I know some companies will not allow you to have the property damage portion of Uninsured Motorist coverage if you also have Collision coverage (which you probably do if the car is anything newer than a 2005). On my Mazdaspeed I don't only have Uninsured bodily injury coverage because I have collision, but on the Miata I carry the property damage portion too since it's just at liability otherwise.

I would highly recommend taking these coverages if you live in Ohio, we are one of the worst states for uninsured drivers because there is no real central state system that verifies a registered car is insured like most states in the South have. In Georgia if you go a couple days without insurance, the state knows immediately and will fine you or suspend your license. It's unreal that you still don't have to provide proof of insurance to register a car in Ohio.

I would check on this though. I don't know know if this is Ohio law or just the way coverages are where I work, but I know some companies will not allow you to have the property damage portion of Uninsured Motorist coverage if you also have Collision coverage (which you probably do if the car is anything newer than a 2005). On my Mazdaspeed I don't only have Uninsured bodily injury coverage because I have collision, but on the Miata I carry the property damage portion too since it's just at liability otherwise.

I would highly recommend taking these coverages if you live in Ohio, we are one of the worst states for uninsured drivers because there is no real central state system that verifies a registered car is insured like most states in the South have. In Georgia if you go a couple days without insurance, the state knows immediately and will fine you or suspend your license. It's unreal that you still don't have to provide proof of insurance to register a car in Ohio.

You're right about the lack of proof of insurance. I was blown away here when I moved here that you didn't need or the yearly inspections.

You're right about the lack of proof of insurance. I was blown away here when I moved here that you didn't need or the yearly inspections.

Where did you move from? I've dealt with policies in every state in the country now and I couldn't believe how extreme the differences are from state to state. Most states require insurance companies to report all insurance info to the state and they use that for vehicle registration info too. Same with pulling someone over.

In Ohio, the only real verification they ever do is random checks for insurance every 3 years if you haven't gotten pulled over or had an accident in that time. Even when you do get pulled over, if you don't have your card on you most counties just let you send a copy of the card in with your ticket payment. That doesn't fly in a lot of places.