audio woes

AWW$HEEET

k so in my cherokee, I am having some issues with the audio.

the problem started out as no sound in my drivers side front speaker. no problem. i re-wire it because its a common jeep problem for the wire to be cut between the door and the chassis, from normal opening and closing of the door.

it doesn't work after i re-wire it initially, but after a few hours of drive time, it mysteriously starts working. shortly thereafter, the passenger side speaker goes out :fuuuu:

i decide to follow suit, and re-wire that one. probably the same situation where the wire has become cut at the hinge area of the door. after i re-wire this guy, not only does it not work, but now both rear speakers don't have sound either.

:fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu:

am i overlooking something? could it be the HU? how much will it cost me to just take it somewhere to get the OEM crap working. i am far too baller to be rolling in a jeep with one working speaker.

thank you.

It's possible you could have burnt the outputs on the head unit with shorting out wires, it's happened in my vehicles before. Go through all your speaker wiring to make sure there's no more shorts in the wiring, and if it's still not working then take skinner up on his offer to rule out your head unit. I wouldn't swap stereos before inspecting the wire, otherwise you might burn up another one while troubleshooting.

Ok, you say that you re-wired it because it's a common problem, but was it actually the problem? I mean, did you actually find a broken wire? Have you looked at a wiring diagram? If no is the answer for the top 2 questions then you need a wiring diagram, and you need to start over it sounds like.

From where to where did you run the wires? From the speaker all the way to the head unit, or to inside the kick panels?

If not, then you could have wired it totally wrong as some cars OEM audio wires change color going from the door to the chassis. Like the '99 Civic I had the same issue with, but over-looked the wire broken at the door as it was a different color than the one coming out of the speaker.

The problem is you're focusing on the small.things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I bad hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you can use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have now given you.

Good luck.

It's possible you could have burnt the outputs on the head unit with shorting out wires, it's happened in my vehicles before. Go through all your speaker wiring to make sure there's no more shorts in the wiring, and if it's still not working then take skinner up on his offer to rule out your head unit. I wouldn't swap stereos before inspecting the wire, otherwise you might burn up another one while troubleshooting.

i SERIOUSLY doubt if you have the fastest 7bolt in columbus.

but this was a good answer to OPs problems.

and yes i mean stock 7bolt bottom end.

I have not come across a faster stock bottom end 7 bolt if that's what you mean, but lets keep the fuckery to a minimum in the tech help section. If you wish to call me out, do it in the kitchen/ romper room/hal's kitchen/ get the fuck off my lawn.

I have not come across a faster stock bottom end 7 bolt if that's what you mean, but lets keep the fuckery to a minimum in the tech help section. If you wish to call me out, do it in the kitchen/ romper room/hal's kitchen/ get the fuck off my lawn.

^

Fags bitching about fag carz

if there is a thread, mjrsplat will find it to fuck it up.

to answer crossle/whoever, i know the wiring was fucked up because prior to rewiring, i took a known good speaker, and connected it to that wiring. no dice, did not work.

from there, i cut the wiring in the chassis, and ran new wire from just outside the kick panel to the door. i did not run new wiring from the HU to the speaker. does the gauge of the wire matter? idk if it was the same exact diameter, but it was close.

if there is a thread, mjrsplat will find it to fuck it up.

:yuno:

I'm pretty sure jeffro fucked up this thread dipshit.

i know the wiring was fucked up because prior to rewiring, i took a known good speaker, and connected it to that wiring. no dice, did not work.

False logic. Tell me why.

You may have a bad ground. All you did was determine SOMETHING is wrong, most likely not the speaker. But even that may not be accurate.