Coming to Verizon when the Nexus comes out? Save some money...

KillJoy

Ok, here's what I have been told from Verizon.

We have a Netbook w/ a 3G Plan. It expires this month. My understanding is I can "give" this Account to another. They can use it as normal, and are bound to the existing Contract (ie - Contract is up this month, you are then month to month).

I am also told it does not need to stay w/ the Netbook. It can be used for another device.

So, anyone interested in a Verizon Account?

Price - Free to good home

KillJoy

PS - Hopefully Brian Carter will chime in an correct / add to it :D

Edited by KillJoy

Do you have a discount you are trying to give away? Trying to save people on paying activation fees?

Not sure. It was my understanding I could "give" this to someone, and it is theirs. I would assume an activation on their device would be needed, but that they would assume the CURRENT Contract. Once the Contract is up, they are month to month, and can cancel at any time w/o a cancellation fee.

Is that right?

KillJoy

Not sure. It was my understanding I could "give" this to someone, and it is theirs. I would assume an activation on their device would be needed, but that they would assume the CURRENT Contract. Once the Contract is up, they are month to month, and can cancel at any time w/o a cancellation fee.

Is that right?

KillJoy

What he's saying is you aren't really giving anything to anyone.

When you are month to month, you are effectively out of contract.

If someone takes that device, they will need to activate it and will pay for a data contract. :confused:

Perhaps we are confused...?

What he's saying is you aren't really giving anything to anyone.

When you are month to month, you are effectively out of contract.

If someone takes that device, they will need to activate it and will pay for a data contract. :confused:

Perhaps we are confused...?

Perhaps, but w/o a 2 year Contract.

That is the only benefit I see of this. "They" would still need to pay to activate and pay for their plan. But, they could cancel at any time.

KillJoy

You can bring your own equipment and be month to month anyway. The only difference is no activation fee.

Interesting. Well, I guess the CS person was just trying to keep an Account. We are terminating this Account once it is out of Contract.

This can be locked up.

KillJoy

Yeah its a bs save tactic. They make it seem like an awesome option when in reality its not.. Well unless you have a new every two discounts they can give away or if you have a friend that doesnt want an activation fee.

Well, the new every 2 has NOT been used on this Account....

KillJoy

But, so does everyone who does not currently have a Contract....

:dumb:

KillJoy

Not true.. there are a few guys here that plan to get the Nexus when it comes out who are on different carriers. This would give them a NE2 and no activation fee!

Your approval noted on the account---> other person calls in ---> Info given ---> credit check ---> accepts term and conditions ------ > Transferred. Two minutes for you. 20 minutes for them + a $65 savings on activating and upgrading.

Your approval noted on the account---> other person calls in ---> Info given ---> credit check ---> accepts term and conditions ------ > Transferred. Two minutes for you. 20 for them + a $65 savings

That works! Thanks for the assistance!

:thumbup:

Ok folks - Free to good home - Verizon Account!

:D

KillJoy

Do you currently have unlimited data on it? If so ill do that

No. It has 256000.0KB / Month

Pleas read the ENTIRE Thread if you are interested. Just to make sure you follow. BC is the BEST to answer any Questions....

:)

KillJoy