I'm an Apple fanboy

Putty

Christ, I get consecutive days of usage from my iPad. Do you sleep? :gabe:

Sleep when you retire. Must read ALL OF THE INTERNETZ! I also get at least 3 days usage out of my ipad but when it hits 5% I won't put it down to charge. It gets charged while I use it don't be jelly :lolguy:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting this. I find my battery sucks like everyone else. I have found with my phone that the notifications aren't the culprit. I get more battery use when the wifi is off. Battery really goes down with it on. It wasn't like that with my 3Gs. I know wifi uses up battery but it is draining it big time on the 4s as opposed to the 3Gs.

That doesn't make sense that it uses less battery with wifi radio turned on. Only thing I can think of is maybe if you have a wifi signal in use it disables 3G and uses 1x or whatever worse signal your carrier has? If I force my phone (yes I can do that) to use 1x over 3g and/or 4g my battery life is a crap load better.

Sleep when you retire. Must read ALL OF THE INTERNETZ! I also get at least 3 days usage out of my ipad but when it hits 5% I won't put it down to charge. It gets charged while I use it don't be jelly :lolguy:

Trust me I'm not jealous. I speak to people face to face, and have sex occasionally. You sir have a problem. :fa:

I turned my FB notifications off. I get an email every time someone makes a FB move that I am associated with, so an email and a FB notify is too much and a waste.

I could see this being a batt problem since it lights the screen every time.

Just a little hint guys, an iPad charger is a 10W charger (Stock charger is a 5W) and will charge a iPhone4 or 4S in about an hour from 1% to full.

Good to know. I didn't. Will start using mine on phone.

I just got an iPhone and I'm starting to have buyers' remorse. I'll approve of the hardware if they ever fix this battery problem, but there's no way the "It just works" mantra holds true with this thing, especially compared to Android.

When I turned on my Incredible for the first time it had me log into both Flickr and Facebook. Take a picture and there's immediately a "Share" button. Click it and, voila, send to Facebook or Flickr.

Turn on my iPhone for the first time and apparently I need to install Facebook from the app store. Really? Ok. Take a picture and.... hmm, that's strange. No sharing. Only Photostream, which doesn't link to a gallery on iCloud anymore. WTF!? Spend a buck on Camera+ which will actually let me send stuff to Flickr and Facebook but is nowhere near as easy to use as as the Android camera app.

The mail and calendar apps also suck but I use google for everything so I'm willing to cut them some slack on that. At least they finally added an "archive" button to the stock mail app.

Sorry for stealing your thread to gripe. Carry one.

You're definitely doing it wrong.

It's likely. Care to explain?

Well, for one..when he adds his gmail acct, he selects he wants to sync the calendar and boom...all his gmail calendar data is now on his iPhone calendar. No need to cut Apple slack on that...it WORKS!

Up until recently, the apple mail app was better...tell you why. It always displayed my folders. On Android, I had to use k9 mail to get calendar access. The native client was rubbish. Not anymore though.

I didn't have a problem getting my calendar to sync. Like you said, it "just worked." The app itself blows, though. The stock android calendar is 127% better. I tested it mathematically and that's how it came out.

Or maybe this is just a case of you like what you're used to. But still, I put CalenGoo (which is what I use on my iPad) on my phone so I've got a couple of options now. I haven't found a good gmail app though, so I'm stuck there.

^Google calendar has been syncing on Android since Android 1.0.

Proof

This is why some people are just better off with iPhones.

I never said it didn't. He made a reference about cutting Apple slack with Google stuff. Reread that.

The mail and calendar apps also suck but I use google for everything so I'm willing to cut them some slack on that. At least they finally added an "archive" button to the stock mail app.

Sorry for stealing your thread to gripe. Carry one.

Or maybe this is just a case of you like what you're used to. But still, I put CalenGoo (which is what I use on my iPad) on my phone so I've got a couple of options now. I haven't found a good gmail app though, so I'm stuck there.

I"m willing to think that is that case. You miss what you were used to. Here's a question, what exaction do you want from a mail app? I have 3 mail accts on my iphone. They all alert me when I have a message. My Gmail acct I also sync the calendar because I did with my Evo 3d and that's where all my data is. Aside from being able to respond, see my folders, be able to move/manage my mail, not sure what else it is you could do with it. Speaking to your "I haven't found a good gmail app though"

I"m willing to think that is that case. You miss what you were used to. Here's a question, what exaction do you want from a mail app? I have 3 mail accts on my iphone. They all alert me when I have a message. My Gmail acct I also sync the calendar because I did with my Evo 3d and that's where all my data is. Aside from being able to respond, see my folders, be able to move/manage my mail, not sure what else it is you could do with it. Speaking to your "I haven't found a good gmail app though"

When I hit Archive it goes to the next message, rather than back to the inbox. That's annoying. But at least they finally added it.

When my messages are grouped as threads, I can only read 1 at a time. The Android Gmail apps just stacks them all, so you can scroll through them all at once. Makes it easier to manage large threads (It's not unusual for me to have 15 or 30 messages in a thread.)

Stock Android gmail app lets me show/hide indented text with a screen touch. Makes it easier to manage replies.

"All Mail" isn't really all my mail. On the Android Gmail app, I hit search, and it searches through my entire 6 year history of gmail. I've basically structured my life around this feature. What's my southwest Rapid Rewards number when I'm booking a flight? Dunno, but it's a gmail search away, because once upon a time it was emailed to me. I delete nothing. Everything gets archived so I can find it later. Except... now all I can access is my last 50 messages unless I go to download more. I have 22,000+ emails, I'm not sucking them all to my phone.

Is that enough?

That doesn't make sense that it uses less battery with wifi radio turned on. Only thing I can think of is maybe if you have a wifi signal in use it disables 3G and uses 1x or whatever worse signal your carrier has? If I force my phone (yes I can do that) to use 1x over 3g and/or 4g my battery life is a crap load better.

No, it uses much more battery life with wifi on. More so than the 3Gs used.

No, it uses much more battery life with wifi on. More so than the 3Gs used.

Must of read it wrong that makes more sense. Maybe the power output of the radios differ on each new apple release? Are you in a bad signal area? Does 3G go in and out? That really kills the battery.