Bad night 6-29

KentStateTsi

If anybody on here rode past the Schott last night you may know what happened. me and my dude are taking off from a light on lane and olentangy river...get up to about 15mph and i hear screaching tires. look back and my dude gets slammed in the back by a newer passat that didnt slow down for traffic. 900rr is fucked. guy doesnt stop, looks me right in the face and takes off. 2 girls follow him and get his plate number come back and give it to the cop. guy already has 3 OMVI's so chances are he doesnt have insurance. my buddy is still in riverside with neck pain and no feeling in his right leg, and some rash. his gear is messed up but thankfully he was wearing his helmet. i'm not going to take a guess at the guys speed. I understand the "fight or flight" response but come on. you threw a guy off his bike. man up and take responsibility. either way i see my dude getting his bills taken care of and a nice new fuel injected bike on the way.

I'm not sure how the law is but are you aloud to post his number plate on here? Maybe on the off chance someone will see it & can follow him & call the cops & tel them where he is...... or pull him over & beat the Passat out of him... not that I would encourage that.

I'm not sure how the law is but are you aloud to post his number plate on here? Maybe on the off chance someone will see it & can follow him & call the cops & tel them where he is...... or pull him over & beat the Passat out of him... not that I would encourage that.

According to his post they already gave the info to the cops. I would assume that is how they found out about his past violations.

Kent, sorry to hear about your friend, hope he makes it through without any lasting injuries.

well Nick is out of the hospital with neck and back pain. every cop i know has this guys info...37yrs old, 3 prior OMVI's. a hit and skip with injuries is a felony 3...facing prison...must have skipped town cause there has been an officer at his residence multiple times daily. I really hope this guy has a house and a few cars cause my buddy is going for everything. if not to keep it but to at least help pay his hospital bills and get a new bike.

According to his post they already gave the info to the cops. I would assume that is how they found out about his past violations.

Hove the cops got the driver yet? not that we know of so if someone had the plate number saw the car & called the cops & told them where the person was I am sure that would be better that just sitting & waiting for the cops to stumble upon them by chance.

Edited by Casper
fixed quote

i had this happen to me once. stopped at a light and then hear the tires behind you. all i did was gas it and dump the clutch. hear the tires stop then i turned around. three mexicans in a car laughing. i was so pissed. backed up to their bumper revved up the bike and covered their car with some rubber and left them in the smoke.

it sucks to hear about these situations.

Yeah good luck with that one - collecting from an uninsured motorist. I have a vicitim sitting next to me. It's also hard to sue them when they don't have shit to begin with. I'm guessing he's not loaded since he didn't get a lawyer good enough to drop his OMVI charges times 3.

Hope your buddy is okay and that he has good coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

not to bring this back from the dead, but now that my buddy is ok we are planning a little trip :beating: Nicks insurance(progressive) will not cover his bike until the guy is caught. and CPD hasnt even sent progressive the accident report....I dont want to take it in my own hands but he's depressed as all hell just looking at his bike sitting there. So we are riding down to taco bell friday night to get whoever else wants to go. I havent met many people on here so i'm not asking people by any means.

if anyone is an officer and thinks this is a bad idea let me know so i dont go to jail. even though all i plan to do is make sure he's there then call the police.

If anybody on here rode past the Schott last night you may know what happened. me and my dude are taking off from a light on lane and olentangy river...get up to about 15mph and i hear screaching tires. look back and my dude gets slammed in the back by a newer passat that didnt slow down for traffic. 900rr is fucked. guy doesnt stop, looks me right in the face and takes off. 2 girls follow him and get his plate number come back and give it to the cop. guy already has 3 OMVI's so chances are he doesnt have insurance. my buddy is still in riverside with neck pain and no feeling in his right leg, and some rash. his gear is messed up but thankfully he was wearing his helmet. i'm not going to take a guess at the guys speed. I understand the "fight or flight" response but come on. you threw a guy off his bike. man up and take responsibility. either way i see my dude getting his bills taken care of and a nice new fuel injected bike on the way.

Somebody should find that guy and go beat his ass.