Penny crunchers.. Ya those who buy gift cards to save on gas

dragknee66

Ya from what Im gathering here it seems GE is a much better deal. I think Ill do my gift cards through them instead for sure. I dont buy many groceries so Ill stick to kroger for that

Put it this way, after Kroger changed their gas rewards to "10 cents off per $100 spent on one fill up", Giant Eagle became the better option. I do believe that Kroger has cheaper groceries, but the savings on gas make up for it. I did the math on all of this as soon as Kroger changed their gas rewards. Fuck them for that. :lol:

Already this year I've had three separate 30 gallon fill ups at Giant Eagle for free. My SUV holds 25 gallons, so I put the rest in other containers and either use them for my lawnmower or fill the truck up again later. That's over $300 easily in free gas. All from buying gift cards. I eat Subway two times a week, so I always have a card from them. Roosters normally once a week, a card from them too. Then factor in Xmas gifts (just bought a shit ton for that), eating out with the family, etc.; it really adds up. :nod:

Sorry, but anyone NOT taking advantage of Giant Eagle gas rewards (if they can), is really missing out... :)

So I guess the next questions is which has the better cards.. GE or Kroger? I dont see Amazon cards at GE. I think I would use those the most really ha. The shell ones are nice since they have diesel fuel there. $50 for a shell card but I think you can only use HALF your points at any given time at the shell pump, hmmm

It doesn't show them on the G.E. website but G.E. has Amazon cards for sure. I was just there 2 days ago and contemplated buying a couple of them. There are very few purchases that you can make and not be able to figure out a way to use G.E. gift cards.

The worst part about the fuel perks at G.E. is that beer and liquor don't earn any points :fuuuu:

Put it this way, after Kroger changed their gas rewards to "10 cents off per $100 spent on one fill up", Giant Eagle became the better option. I do believe that Kroger has cheaper groceries, but the savings on gas make up for it. I did the math on all of this as soon as Kroger changed their gas rewards. Fuck them for that. :lol:

Already this year I've had three separate 30 gallon fill ups at Giant Eagle for free. My SUV holds 25 gallons, so I put the rest in other containers and either use them for my lawnmower or fill the truck up again later. That's over $300 easily in free gas. All from buying gift cards. I eat Subway two times a week, so I always have a card from them. Roosters normally once a week, a card from them too. Then factor in Xmas gifts (just bought a shit ton for that), eating out with the family, etc.; it really adds up. :nod:

Sorry, but anyone NOT taking advantage of Giant Eagle gas rewards (if they can), is really missing out... :)

Through the first few weeks in December kroger is doing 4x gas points on gift cards. Does that change the balance much?

I so want to do a washer and dryer and have to remember this. Don't forget that you can get the 10% off lowes cards from the moving packets from the moving packet from the post office. Home depot also takes the 10% off too. Just thought I would help since I've owned my house I've saved at least $1000.00

Yes, are you willing to part with any of yours? :o

well of course my darling.

in all seriousness though, unless you have a wife/gf that carries the cards I cant see myself trying to carry around all these gift cards to use. Id have to either leave them at home and hope to remember to take them when I think I need to buy something or Id walk around with a George Costanza sized wallet.

well of course my darling.

in all seriousness though, unless you have a wife/gf that carries the cards I cant see myself trying to carry around all these gift cards to use. Id have to either leave them at home and hope to remember to take them when I think I need to buy something or Id walk around with a George Costanza sized wallet.

+5 internets for Seinfeld reference... :lol: