Android VPN

jeffro

Anyone familiar with this feature? Im trying to connect it to my work domain but for some reason i can only get a response for just a few seconds. For example; Ill connect to the VPN, and i get DNS for just a second (literally) then the connection pretty much dies and i cant do anything. Im trying to set this up so i can get my work email on my phone, but it cannot seem to resolve anything after a few seconds.

I can get to our intranet page, but only for about 10 seconds after i connect the VPN. after that nothing; including regular web pages.

Any idea's?

ive tried wifi and 3g/4g.

ive tried changing the DNS servers (we have 2)

ive tried different protocals.

Were running windows server 2003

make sure in active directory that you are enabled for remote dial in?

Also if you are trying to get work mail on your phone, are you able to configure the "mail" feature in android? I think you just plug in your webmail credentials, don't think you even need your server name. No VPN needed.

I've been trying to set mine up too, but we have ipsec/udp and I don't think Android supports it very well. Maybe I'm just missing something that I need to ask our admin.

Are you using the built in VPN? There are tons of VPN apps that give you more options, especially if you use the ones that require root.

make sure in active directory that you are enabled for remote dial in?

Also if you are trying to get work mail on your phone, are you able to configure the "mail" feature in android? I think you just plug in your webmail credentials, don't think you even need your server name. No VPN needed.

"dial in" access isnt what i need here. Yes, i am in the local rdp group on the server. I use rdp every day so i know its not an AD issue.

As for the mail app, it will only allow me to connect it i can get the VPN working as we have outside web mail disabled. You can only get to the mail server internally, or through a VPN. the head IT guy is out so i need access to email at all times. Ive been using an RDP app that allows me to at least open my mail client on the server. Guess its a temporary fix. only thing i miss about my blackberry was the mail feature.

I've been trying to set mine up too, but we have ipsec/udp and I don't think Android supports it very well. Maybe I'm just missing something that I need to ask our admin.

Are you using the built in VPN? There are tons of VPN apps that give you more options, especially if you use the ones that require root.

yes, built in VPN. Im thinking it may be a problem with the "DNS Search Servers" option. I put our domain in there and it works for a sec. Put in our DNS servers info there and i get nothing.

i would def. try to root that shit, could be an application issue on the phone, especially if you can get VPN on a laptop from outside your perimeter.

yes i get VPN at home on my PC, but this damned phone argghhh

I've never used a VPN app on my phone but I have wireless tethered to my work pc and VPN worked. It was stable for more then 2 hours on 4G without dropping the vpn connection. Do a quick search over on http://www.xda-developers.com forums that website is full of great information.

ill check the forums out maybe make a thread.