275dr @ Trails

TurboNova

I sent an email over to the GM of trails to ask about possibly running some sort of limited schedule 275dr stuff (providing they would prep the track). They did not shoot it down and it seems like they are aware of the growing popularity. Pretty much just said they need a sponsor so they could guarantee some sort of payout...

Would be pretty sweet if between kilkare and trails there could be a few local tracks for some more interesting heads up style racing.

Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion. The 275 program is certainly growing, but to schedule an event we would have to have some sponsor money to ensure the pay-out was covered. We could also base it on car count, I am sure you are aware that a pay-out based on car count on a first time event is a tough sell. We would be willing to look at a program if there was a way to cover the pay-out with sponsor money.

Thanks,

Jim

i wish they could do some sort of heads up door car stuff. man i just checked thompson for 8.90 class and its 193 mi, 3 hours 30 mins I-71 N from my house

and bluegrass raceway park 1/8th mile is 140 miles and 3 15m from my house kilkare is 71 miles away. trails less than a hr.

really the only class i fit into at trails is super classes. heads up but i dont have a throttle stop or delay box. i want a true heads up door car class for people that dont have a unlimited budget or wana tow 3 hrs each way to do it.

What kind of pay out are they looking for, this could be something that Columbus Racing and its affiliates could sponsor.

I am guessing in the thousands if they want to do multiple races, and get people to show up. I do like the idea Dover, and there might be something for CR in the future.

If you guys are looking for a place to run 8.90 index racing the Renegade racing association up at TRP is great.

I plan on being at races up there this year helping my dad in the 10.50 class. Maybe someday my turd will be fast enough to race some cool stuff :(

i would hit every 8.90 race if i didnt have to tow 3.3 hrs there and 3.3 hrs back. wich means loading up at about 3am to go race. i still wana do one or a couple but this is hard as hell to do by myself. and after the tow back still have to unload, take trailer back then come home to unpack truck. wich is about a extra hour. if trails could get this going in a class for everyone like thompsons 8.90s street car class, heads up street car full interior and how u get there is your problem. then do a 9.90 or 10.50 class the same way. so more can play. i really dont like brackets.

Yeah if TRP was not 185 miles from my house Id be interested in that. I plan on taking my car to a couple out of town deals if I get it moving fast enough but I just would like a local track to have something like those rules.

Outside of Kilkare it will be the closest track for you. Unless you go up to Milan or over to Indy to race that will be about it.

Trails just does not get it and never will when it comes to running a good program.

Trails just does not get it and never will when it comes to running a good program.

If they had a solid commitment from a group who would come and participate I bet trails would make it happen.

The problem is that how many could actually make a commitment? How many cars are local and I mean more than one or two? We seen how the Nitrous shoot out they do is more less a flop

Columbus and surrounding is just not a hot bed of shootout cars......sadly

I believe your local track caters to local cars, which is mostly bracket racing. If more heads up cars get built, the need arises for trails to do something about it. Tough part is getting people to build them, when there is no class.

If they had a solid commitment from a group who would come and participate I bet trails would make it happen.

The problem is that how many could actually make a commitment? How many cars are local and I mean more than one or two? We seen how the Nitrous shoot out they do is more less a flop

Columbus and surrounding is just not a hot bed of shootout cars......sadly

Actually there are more heads up cars in and around Columbus than you think. Thet are either racing somewhere else because they have a class to race in or they hate Trails because it sucks most of the time.

Outside of Kilkare it will be the closest track for you. Unless you go up to Milan or over to Indy to race that will be about it.

You're about the 10th person I have heard say that about Trails since I moved here. I haven't been there, but I have heard over and over that it's poorly run and you have to wait 1-2 hours between runs at best

• 2 weeks later...
You're about the 10th person I have heard say that about Trails since I moved here. I haven't been there, but I have heard over and over that it's poorly run and you have to wait 1-2 hours between runs at best

Except at the NMRA events when they hot lap single digit cars...

i thought 275 was gaining a huge following over the last few yrs. why would they NOT run the class? if they are worried about funding a payout, why not base it on turnout?

Because their managment does not get it. I feel bad for people who don't travel to other tracks to see how well things can be run.

i would hit every 8.90 race if i didnt have to tow 3.3 hrs there and 3.3 hrs back. wich means loading up at about 3am to go race. i still wana do one or a couple but this is hard as hell to do by myself. and after the tow back still have to unload, take trailer back then come home to unpack truck. wich is about a extra hour. if trails could get this going in a class for everyone like thompsons 8.90s street car class, heads up street car full interior and how u get there is your problem. then do a 9.90 or 10.50 class the same way. so more can play. i really dont like brackets.

U have to go 8.90s first :-x LOL

Because their managment does not get it. I feel bad for people who don't travel to other tracks to see how well things can be run.

Quoted for truth. That place just gets worse every year it seems. I, as well as several others that run in the wednsday night bracket series have went to, called and emailed management to start doing a little better track prep. All we ever got was " we will look into it". Hell I even tried to explain to them that its pretty sad when my little 300 hp v6 that is set up for drag racing and running drag radials on 20 psi, can't even hook. I don't know how many races I lost because of that crap. Its sad that I ran better numbers the night you, me and scott went to marion. I'm pretty sure they didn't even prep the track that night

The full rules seem to favor a 275 tire car as a slick tired car takes a weight penalty for the Outlaw Street rules

Basics

-Heads-Up, 1/8th Mile

-16 car qualified field

-Eliminations run on Pro Ladder (1 vs. 16)

Body & Glass

-Fiberglass allowed. Must retain factory body style

-Stock appearing interior

-Functional driver and passenger windows required (no lexan, except truck rear)

-No body components, bumper add-ons, etc. permitted with the intent of increasing the distance of the front bumper for the purposes of breaking the infrared beams (i.e. no “extenders”)

Chassis & Suspension

-Rear frame rails may be notched as long as inner portion is left intact and in stock location

-Ladder bar, coil-over and stock style suspension allowed.

-No wheelie bars

Transmission

-Any type transmission permitted, excluding clutchless

Engine, Components & Power Adders

-Limited to a single power adder (dual power adders and/or multiple nitrous stages prohibited)

-Turbos limited to 88mm or smaller

-Superchargers limited to F2, equivalent or smaller

-Forced Induction Big Blocks prohibited

-Nitrous limited to plate system on Big Block entries

-Must use mufflers (exc. turbo)

Tires

-Limited to 275mm DOT Drag Radials or smaller (note: 28x10.5 slicks, ET Streets, etc. permitted with a maximum advertised tread width of 10.5 inches and an overall height of no more than 28.3 inches)

Base Weights

-Small block N/A – 2650 lbs

-Big block N/A – 2950 lbs

-Small block Nitrous – 3100 lbs

-Big block Nitrous – 3250 lbs

-Small block Blower or Turbo– 3250 lbs

-BOP power plants run at small block weights

-Add 50 lbs for use of 28x10.5 slicks

-Add 50 lbs for stand alone EFI (i.e. FAST or BigStuff3)

-Add 100 lbs for non-conventional heads ((If valve angle is inline with stock OEM, it’s considered “conventional”)

-Deduct 150 lbs for use of 26x8.5 slicks

-Deduct 100 lbs for use of Nitrous Plate on small blocks

-Deduct 150 lbs for use of 76mm Turbo, F-1A Blower or equivalent (or smaller)

-Deduct 100 lbs for pre-1978 stock suspension leaf spring cars

-Deduct 200 lbs for V6 or 4 cylinder