Tebow vs. Newton

NEORedLS1

One more edit simply because I can, where do people get the whole Tebow can't throw the ball thing from? Did anyone watch him vs Cincy in his final college game? He absolutely went HAM on them. Plus look at his college stats, over 65% career completion and 9k yards

College stats are 100% irrelevant to a player's quality in Pro ball, I shouldn't even have to say that. College defense =/= pro defense.

I agree, we'll see in 5 years who has a better career, but Tebow simply doesn't have a professional throwing mechanism. The only QB with a worse throwing motion that I can think of is Byron Leftwich.

I got my rushing stats for both QB's careers, which for Tebow includes several games of Wildcat plays from 2010. You'd think that'd benefit him since he, again, had more dedicated run plays. Include 2010, and his run efficiency changes from 82 for 468 and 5.7YPC to 125 for 695 and 5.5YPC. Still more efficient yards-wise than Newton, but even with the added benefit of 6TD last year he's still not scoring on his feet as much.

I guess in the end, I see Newton as a player who puts up solid numbers in spite of his team, where I see Tebow as a player whose team has to elevate their game as a result of not having a real QB.

Did not read the whole thread, only wanted to say this;

In the first post, the two are compared statistically. My only question is, did you account for the fact that Tebow was not starting at the beginning of the year and that Cam was? If not, then you need to re-evaluate your comparison.

That is all.

I would much rather have a guy that makes the rest of the team better (Tebow) than some guy who just has great stats but his team still sucks dick (Newton). I understand that college and NFL defenses are different, my point is, the kid can throw the ball. People act like he can't toss is more then 20yards or something. I can think of others with far worse looking throwin motions, Phillip Rivers anyone?

David Carr had a pretty odd throwing motion too, and he was drafted 1st overall. I think the issue with Tebow is more about the time his delivery takes since he has such a long, "wind-up" motion. I love Tebow more than anyone, but he does need to work on releasing the ball quicker if he wants long term success. He has definitely improved it though

I thought he was overated myself. Then after about week 6 I realized the guy just has talent. Once the game slows down a little more for him and he controls the interceptions he'll be good to go. I dont even like the guy but skill is skill.

Look at the stats NEORedLS1 posted

7th in the league in passing yards

18th for his QB rating.

11th completions

14th percentage

As a rookie those numbers are great! Hes ahead of a lot more tenured people that are on winning teams. He just needs some support. Being on a bad team and shining is not easy.

On the other hand I think Tebow is underrated. Even I called him the worst QB ever.. but he somehow wins. We get hung up on stats but its a team game. Tim works better within his team than Cam does. Remember the year Worthlessburger won the superbowl... not the best QB, but the best for his team.

I get what you are saying and yes they both have skill and talent, otherwise they would not be playing in the NFL. I do not think the difference in winning is that the QB is the better fit for the team, Denver was 1-4 before Tebow took over I think it more comes down to attitude. Tebow is all about a positive attitude. Another reason I think he will be more successful than Cam, he just has a drive and a positive attitude and sometimes that can be the difference between a win and a loss. Tebow is a competitor plain and simple and I think that is why a lot of people are fans of his.

Have not seen much of Newton as far as interviews but he just comes off as entitled and as long as he is cashing checks he isn't that concerned with winning. That is my opinion of him, he just does not have the attitude of a winner, he is too much about himself.

I get what you are saying and yes they both have skill and talent, otherwise they would not be playing in the NFL. I do not think the difference in winning is that the QB is the better fit for the team, Denver was 1-4 before Tebow took over I think it more comes down to attitude. Tebow is all about a positive attitude. Another reason I think he will be more successful than Cam, he just has a drive and a positive attitude and sometimes that can be the difference between a win and a loss. Tebow is a competitor plain and simple and I think that is why a lot of people are fans of his.

Have not seen much of Newton as far as interviews but he just comes off as entitled and as long as he is cashing checks he isn't that concerned with winning. That is my opinion of him, he just does not have the attitude of a winner, he is too much about himself.

+1