Audi a6 2.7t

Qtr_pndr

Ask when timing belt was done with papers.

Valve cover gaskets leak at the back

Turbos go bad

Air injection pump codes (check engine light)

ABS control modules (ABS light/brake light)

Coolant leaks

Front suspension (like to eat ball joints, there are 4 on both sides)

Otherwise, great motor. I love the torque curve, the Audi owners will step in with more info. I just get the pleasure of servicing them here and there.

Miles ?

As Sean noted...

Valve covers leak

Timing belt / water pump maintenance.

Stock turbos can go (but less likely on A6)

Lots of work requires the motor to be removed

Probably due for all of the suspension arms by now.

Not a good high miles car to "jump in" unless you are cool with pulling the motor on a whim and it's not your DD.

Miles ?

As Sean noted...

Valve covers leak

Timing belt / water pump maintenance.

Stock turbos can go (but less likely on A6)

Lots of work requires the motor to be removed

Probably due for all of the suspension arms by now.

Not a good high miles car to "jump in" unless you are cool with pulling the motor on a whim and it's not your DD.

Someone triple post this.

They are not cheap, Front suspension nightmares

Someone triple post this.

They are not cheap, Front suspension nightmares

The front suspension isn't a nightmare. It will last 100k miles or more, and the control arms are pretty easy to swap out. Sucks to have to do it, but really it might take a first timer a couple hours +alignment. There are plenty of things to go wrong on those though, jesus.

#1 thing is sensors. One by one they'll go bad as the car ages. O2's, EGT, coil packs, ABS sensor. It's really not bad, sensors aren't really expensive (except EGT's are fucking $500 a pair). Around 100K miles a lot of shit will need replaced (timing belt, suspensions, random sensors), but then you're good for another 100K.

I have a '04 A6 2.7T S-line with just over 100K on it now. I had the timing belt changed at 75K..was told it would be good for another 75K. I'm lucky that I have a friend who is a Audi dealer tech down here in cincy. He did the timing belt service along with a few other things on the side out of his home garage...cost me about half what it would at a dealership. He told me the only thing I really need to do till 150K was basic maintance. I really like having the A6 as a DD...it spoils you...great power and love the AWD. I average about 20mpg in mixed driving...23-24 on the highway.