Directv HDGUI update

CRed05

FYI

The new Directv HDGUI is available to download right now.

If you have an H21-25, or HR20-24 receiver you should be able to get it.

Hit menu, go to setup, restart the receiver, hit DASH(-) to confirm. Once the receiver boots up (when the welcome screen appears) hit 02468 on the remote and the download process will start.

IMG_20111210_022350.jpg

You have to wait for the National roll out, Cleveland is 12/7 so Cleveland peeps should already have it, and Cincinnati is 12/15, I have seen no scheduling for Columbus.

http://forums.directv.com/pe/action/forums/displaythread?rootPostID=10975742&channelID=1&portalPageId=10472402

That shows me what? my current firmwares?

It won't show you what will be available to download in the future, but it does show you what is available now and what was available a few hours/days ago.

So if you go to H or HR at the top, scroll down to your model #, the far left column that's highlighted in orange is what your receiver will download if you were to force update it. Everything to the right of it is what was available prior to the most current one. It's displayed in mountain time I think...

The CE link at the top will show only show what's available right now.

Why didn't you explain in your first post that you have to do this in the middle of the night or at a certain time?

I was hammered...

I came home and randomly decided to check if the new update was out, so I made a thread about it.:fuckyeah:

Mine is fine, but I am disapoint, I shouldn't have to filter only HD channels. Really I still have to hit guide twice and the fucking last option is HD channels! Is it too much to ask to automatically filter those? Why the fuck would I watch a non HD channel. I should be able to set it to show only HD channels I get without having to mark everyone of them as a "favorite". Why don't these cable companies get this? As far as I can tell they just changed the color of the guide screen and called it a new UI. :dumb:

Mine is fine, but I am disapoint, I shouldn't have to filter only HD channels. Really I still have to hit guide twice and the fucking last option is HD channels! Is it too much to ask to automatically filter those? Why the fuck would I watch a non HD channel. I should be able to set it to show only HD channels I get without having to mark everyone of them as a "favorite". Why don't these cable companies get this?

Hmmm...

Mine still has the setting that says "Hide Duplicate SD Channels", at least it still acts the same way as it did before the upgrade for me, I didn't have to change anything. I also have mine set to show categories when I hit guide so that I don't have to hit it twice.