Please Help! Local Cincy High School Starting Robotics Club.....

bmwohio

Hello CR!

My friend began mentoring a Cincinnati, OH high school level robotics program recently, and they are trying to help these students get this program up and running. Just like all other schools right now, they don’t have the budget for many tools for the program.

That’s where CR can help!! :thumbup:

They are now looking to take the next step and the school is reaching out to get some dontated tools for the kids to be able to build their robots........

Do you know, or know anyone with some old machine shop tools, hand tools, etc. that they're willing to donate or get rid of cheaply?

Specifically:

band saws

drill presses

drills

any hand tools (screw drivers, sockets/wrenches, ratchets, etc)

tap sets

bench vise(s)

miter saws

Additionally, extra funds are always welcomed (AND tax deductible!), and if you'd like to contribute that would be great too!

It would be great if you would ship, but they can probably take care of shipping.......

Please contact Andy @ andy.ciarniello@CHCA-OH.ORG

Or, if it's easier, you can send me a PM and I will reach out to the right person at the school.

Here's the craigslist ad they've posted:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/wan/2754258667.html

This is where organization that the school will be competing in --> http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms

Any tools will help these kids, and we thank you in advance for any help that you can give!

God bless, and Happy Holidays! :thumbup:

I wish there had been something similar to thsi when I was in High School. Programs that encourage kids to *grow* rather than just pass are something I support. I'll donate a whole ratchet/bit set. I'm at the new Advance on Sawmill. I can't donate it as Advance, but I can do it myself.

I'm here till 5 today, and 7:30 - 12:30 tomorrow.

I wish there had been something similar to thsi when I was in High School. Programs that encourage kids to *grow* rather than just pass are something I support. I'll donate a whole ratchet/bit set. I'm at the new Advance on Sawmill. I can't donate it as Advance, but I can do it myself.

I'm here till 5 today, and 7:30 - 12:30 tomorrow.

Draco FTW!

Awesome buddy! Thanks so much. Let me see what I have going on today.

Is this the one at 6250 Sawmill?

I've been meaning to clean out my basement to finish it and I have enough electronic components to build an army of robots (with lasers.) In 30yrs of an electronics hobby I've collected a lot of motors, sensors, lasers, boxes of circuit boards and power supplies, etc...

If they would be interested in it I'll donate most if not all of it to them. I also have lots of complete monitors, printers, and a few copy machines. Most of the motors are steppers with their control boards so they are easily made functional.

I've been meaning to clean out my basement to finish it and I have enough electronic components to build an army of robots (with lasers.) In 30yrs of an electronics hobby I've collected a lot of motors, sensors, lasers, boxes of circuit boards and power supplies, etc...

If they would be interested in it I'll donate most if not all of it to them. I also have lots of complete monitors, printers, and a few copy machines. Most of the motors are steppers with their control boards so they are easily made functional.

Sounds great! Thanks. You have a PM......

I could donate a giant Oven.

Quit trolling Patterson :gabe: