Phone help (Xperia Play)

Danielle

First, Merry Christmas everyone.

I bought my brother the Sony Ericson Xperia Play for his birthday, and its his first smart phone... Since unlimited data isn't offered anymore, can anyone tell me how to make sure nothing is running, and using data on the phone?

Also, what is the hspa+?

Thank in advance for the help.

I would start by downloading the My Verizon widget/app. It keeps track of data usage on the home screen to help prevent him from going over.

If he is adding the data plan in the middle of the cycle it'll be prorated so be careful.

Menu, settings, Wireless Network... should be something in there to the tune of mobile network or data network. You can turn it off there.

Turn wifi on and link it with home wifi. The phone will automatically switch to wifi when its at home.

Do major downloads over wifi.

The easiest way to explain hspa+ is 3.5G. Faster than 3g but slower than 4g LTE (which isnt real LTE, but the best America has to offer).

I got my son and my friend the same phone. Couldnt beat the price it was listed for online.

Thanks. My brother loves the Phone, and through at&t it was free so that made it even better lol.

HAHAHAHAHA... I thought it was a verizon phone, I got it for free too. Makes sense why you were asking about hspa+. You might want to take out the my verizon suggestion :lol: