Taurus 24/7 G2

buelliganx1

Anybody have any experience with one of these? I'm thinking about getting my concealed carry permit and the only handgun I have is my Kimber Custom II and while I know plenty of people will say it's practical to carry a full size 1911 concealed I think I would like something a little smaller.

I've seen a lot of good reviews on these just wondering if anyone on here has personal experience with one.

I'd like to spend less than $600. I've heard good things about Glocks and have nothing against them reliability wise but they just dont fit my hand well, everyone that I have held has felt like I'm holding on to a square block. Now it has been a few years since I've been in the market and they may have come out with something newer and more ergonomic so I'll have to look into that.

I owned a 24/7 pro and enjoyed the gun, but the accuracy out of my shorter barrel XDM Springfield is noticeably better. And it has a much nicer finish and reputation. For 600 you have plenty of options. Go hold and if you can shoot some glocks, Springfield pistols, etc. The reliability of these pistols are all top of the line, glocks just get more attention because the entire world uses them. Not dogging them but I would trust my life with a Springfield xdm (and do) just as much as any glock.

I owned a 24/7 in .45. I bought it the week they were released. It had no real issues until I left a Magazine in it and one chambered for several weeks. I took it (as it was :rolleyes: ) up to the Range. It jammed every other round out of that Magazine. I hope who ever was shooting at me, had that gun!

That being said, that was YEARS AGO! Taurus has a good name, and I am sure they have improved upon the design.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I'd like to spend less than $600. I've heard good things about Glocks and have nothing against them reliability wise but they just dont fit my hand well, everyone that I have held has felt like I'm holding on to a square block. Now it has been a few years since I've been in the market and they may have come out with something newer and more ergonomic so I'll have to look into that.

Yeah I like the Glock because of how it fits my hand. Try the SR9c its a lot less blocky and thinner iirc. With a $600 budget you have all kinds of options so hit up blackwing and rent a couple to see what you like. Give me a little notice and I can bring a LC9, XD and Glock compacts.

Mahle thanks for the offer, funny thing is I'm going to be up in Sunbury Saturday to visit some family but I'm not going to have the time to shoot or even stop at Blackwing to check things out, wish I still lived up in Galena so I was closer to Blackwing and still had a range in my own back yard.

Well Iwas going to go check out Lauhorner Gun and Archery in Springfield today but as I was about to leave I noticed that they arent open on Thursdays. Doh

So me and my boy made the 45 min drive up to Blackwing to check it out. I am impressed I dont think I will ever have a reason to deal with Vances again. It was kind of hard to do any real gun shopping with my 2 1/2 year old son trying to go in 50 directions at once but I got to handle a Sprigfield Armory XD40 and a Glock G36. Surprisingly the Glock felt pretty good but the grip was a little short although I see that they do make extensions for it so this might be a possibility, I'll have to make another trip without the boy so I can get a better look and possibly some range time to try them out.

The pinky extension on the baby GLOCKS make a big difference. If you want to feel what the baby Glock feels like with the pinky extension I can meet up with ya and you can check out my G27. Also don't forget about Pete and Chris at West Jeff Outfitters in downtown West Jeff. They are great guys that know their shit. Prices are competitive with any shop around Columbus.

Good luck with your search

The pinky extension on the baby GLOCKS make a big difference. If you want to feel what the baby Glock feels like with the pinky extension I can meet up with ya and you can check out my G27. Also don't forget about Pete and Chris at West Jeff Outfitters in downtown West Jeff. They are great guys that know their shit. Prices are competitive with any shop around Columbus.

Good luck with your search

Cant forget about them because I didnt even know they existed, thanks for the heads up it would be nice to have somewhere close to go.