nhra new rule for e85 powered turbo or supercharger 9.99 faster BS

Mattsv8

THis is Like THe Cage Debate as well IMO. Cars Roll off the factory line that are faster than 11.49 yet you have to have a cage to be legal at the track but not on a public raod. SOmetimes its not about the money, its about it not making sense.

No car can be driven legally on the street 1/4 mile in 11.49 seconds. There isn't anyplace it can be done.

If you have enough money to build a track legal 9 second car you can afford a new suit.

Not the point he's making, really.

But seriously, its all politics. How could they tell if you are running E85? Ive never seen the fuel people bring to the track tested.

The "but seriously" was to show him that I was joshing him. The point is obvious... its all politics. ;)

Guys the nhra is making a new rule that any turbo or supercharger 9.99 or faster on e85 or e98 will be required a topfuel driver suit and underlayers. Also some will need a special firewall. So this is their way of getting a kick back to vp fuels an more to run race gas.I think its total bs just bought. Adouble layer suit and pants gloves shoes. If the millions of flexfuel cars on the road don't require extra fire safety to keep those millions safe then wouldent it make sense that the double layer is good still to 7.50s? Now before u say ahh that's just safety realize that a cheap spec 15 setup is gona run well over 1300 bucks. If u run gas these suits aren't requred untill u get a 6.50 plus et I believe. 6.50s 200 plus mph gas cars don't need them but a 135mph car on e85 does. I'm about tired of rules so that the sanction body can get money to sponsors. Who is gona pay me that's what I wana know.

Mix in some hydrazine. That'll confuse them.

But seriously, its all politics. How could they tell if you are running E85? Ive never seen the fuel people bring to the track tested.

It's not hard to check the specific gravity of fuel. They're all a little different, its like a fingerprint A lot of classes have spec fuels, and/or certain requirements that have to be met in order to run a certain fuel and be legal.

It sucks about having to upgrade to such a spendy suit, but its the NHRA. They'll do as they please.

Mix in some hydrazine. That'll confuse them.

lol we got a fresh tanker of methanol hell if im gona be john force and a 10000000 budget better upgrade. anyone have a few hundred gallons of nitro.

330 1000 ft funny car suit

153 and e85 1/4 funny car suit

230 mph door car with twin 88s on a 10.5 tire ,double layer and a neck brace!!!

vp fuels can suck it. i will never spend 20+ a gallon for c16, period. always another place to race i guess. good thing tracks like marion and kilkare dont tech much. i have every single safety item reqired by nhra to go 8.50s and spent way too much money on it for a hobby. FUCK it anyone wana street race.

"NHRA the reason people race on the street."

their new slogan for 2012!!!!!!