E36 M3 Oil Pan Baffles

Irish M5

As I'm dropping everything it will be the opportune time to do the oil pan baffles. Any real life experience on BimmerWorld/VAC versus Turner in effectiveness and ease of installation?

Any other suggestions while I'm in there?

Thanks... Richard...

I can only speak for Turner's setup which was relatively easy to install. We didn't do alot of serious racing; just a few HPDE and BMWCCA races but didn't have any problems with the oil light turning on or valve train/vanos noise.

If you're in there you probably should secure your oil pump nut with a weld or with one of these. Might be a good time to pull the VANOS unit and send it in to Dr. VANOS.

I can only speak for Turner's setup which was relatively easy to install. We didn't do alot of serious racing; just a few HPDE and BMWCCA races but didn't have any problems with the oil light turning on or valve train/vanos noise.

If you're in there you probably should secure your oil pump nut with a weld or with one of these. Might be a good time to pull the VANOS unit and send it in to Dr. VANOS.

Went with the VAC Kit and Oil Pump Nut. Please let me know why you suggest pulling the VANOS. Thanks...

I've heard good things from both so I don't think you could have gone wrong either way.

On the VANOS; depending on the mileage and age, the seals and gaskets are known to open up and the acuator and solenoid tend to go south on track cars abit quicker.

As you probably know, you are only giving up about 15-25ft-lbs below ~4800rpm when the cam returns to the non advanced position, so, even if it were problematic you probably wouldn't feel the effects.

Just piece of mind, I guess.

I've heard good things from both so I don't think you could have gone wrong either way.

On the VANOS; depending on the mileage and age, the seals and gaskets are known to open up and the acuator and solenoid tend to go south on track cars abit quicker.

As you probably know, you are only giving up about 15-25ft-lbs below ~4800rpm when the cam returns to the non advanced position, so, even if it were problematic you probably wouldn't feel the effects.

Just piece of mind, I guess.

Thanks Nate, I'll do some research on that.