DTM Price Guarantee

DTM Brian

Very Simple.

The price I quote you on the phone or in an e-mail is the price you are going to pay for a dyno tune. There are times where some work is needed on a car to complete the tune. Examples of this would be spark plugs, larger injectors, new 02 sensors, fixing vacuum leaks, etc. As long as the customer is willing to jump in and give a hand in changing spark plugs or injectors I am not going to charge any more for the tune. If you are wanting me to complete the work. You will know up front what the cost is going to be and not after the job is done. Time and time again I have taken a car off the dyno so that repairs can be made by the customer and then tie the car down again to complete the tune. GUESS WHAT. The cost of the tune is the same.

As far as price matching goes I do not see a need for this. I do not run a Best Buy and I am not going to worry about what big screen Wal-Mart has on sale. However if I am unreasonable in my pricing I will listen to you "the customer" and together we can evaluate if there is a price adjustment needed. I have had several members of this forum and individuals that we all know in this business tell me that my pricing is lower then other places and that I keep keep other shops from charging more. That is not my goal here. My pricing for tunes is based on what I believe is fair and reasonable to both the customer and myself and not what Wal-Mart is selling tunes for that week. I do not need to give dyno pulls away to get people in the door.

Long story short you will not be quoted one price from one individual and it be a different price by another individual after the work is completed. I know myself when I go to make a purchase or have service performed I want to know what the price is going to be and expect to pay that price. There are some people who have the resources to pay for service regardless of the final cost. Not everyone can walk into a shop with a blank check or have unlimited funds and pay whatever amount the shop wants to charge.

If calling me in need of a "quote" for tuning so that you can take it to another shop to match or beat my price the rates will be the following.

$10.00 for dyno tunes for bolt on cars.

$15.00 for dyno tunes for highly modified cars

I will pay you $50.00 to let me dyno your car.

As far as my tuning rates for work done in my shop please feel free to private message me or give me a call. :)

Edited by Mobile Chassis Dyno

Just got back from Brians shop. My car ran out of gas on the dyno so he gave me a house at a good price to make me feel better.

A+++++++++ Dyno and Mortgage rates!!! Will do business with again! Great communication!! Everything went better than expected!!!!+++++++

Just got back from Brians shop. My car ran out of gas on the dyno so he gave me a house at a good price to make me feel better.

A+++++++++ Dyno and Mortgage rates!!! Will do business with again! Great communication!! Everything went better than expected!!!!+++++++

Us Brian's need to stick together. :)

My car need spark plugs after a couple race on 270, back in the old days. Brian drove me back to the shop about 30mins each way so that i could get the car back up and running. He wouldn't take any money for gas from me, which is why i have always taken my business to him.

Awesome Post!

My experience with Brian and DTM over the years has been exactly as he stated. Here's a few examples:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84578

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92819

http://www.torquedfords.com/nmra-2010-new-best-12-347-117-3-mph/

Price has always been exactly what we agreed upon.

Thanks for providing great customer service and quality tunes!

Shawn

• Casper unpinned this topic