I love this - LSX 911

Linn1647545492

Not sure what's not to like?

Porsche's look badass. LSX is a great motor, sounds wonderful, makes gobs of power. Seems like a good marriage to me. Sure, Porsche purists will complain, but they complain about everything, don't they?

So wait, a rebuild doesn't cost $10k, there's no IMS to fail, and it doesn't leak oil? Pfffff does not = Porsche LOL

WERD. I'm far from a porsche purist...they actually amuse me when they go into the whole water cooled cars are not real porsche's talk.

You can add a new one to the list of PITA failures. GT1 block cars (GT3's and Turbo's) have fittings on the water pump housing that are press fit and epoxy'd in place. After the cars age some and get some good heat cycles from track use on them the epoxy fails and the fittings come out of the block dumping coolant everywhere. I had one come out at >140mph last year at Mid Ohio. Best part...........have to pull the motor to get them all out (8 fittings in all for the 996 cars). I'm in the process of pulling it all down right now so that I can get Tinman to weld up the fittings as they shoudl have been from the factory.

user experience

Wow, that's interesting. I suspect ninja-accountants, because I know Porsche actually knows how to build a motor (or at least they did 40 years ago?)

Now a Porsche with an LSx sounds even better! I bet the gearing would be all wrong though.