If you could own any of the current android phones...

mrblunt

had the galaxy nexus for about a week now. ordered it with the extended battery. Im coming from a droid x which was 2 years old.

Inititial Impressions:

Pro's:

-awesome look (I just really dont like the squarish cut off corner look to the razr)

-awesome screen (720P netflix is very cool)

-ICS works well

-going dual core feels like I bolted a turbo onto my droid x

-extended battery without the bulk looks nice vs. other larger batteries on other phones

-better battery life than my droid x

-front facing camera (for mirror pics of course)

-no hard buttons keep the front clean. I dont really miss them either

-similar phone size to razr but with larger screen

-removable battery for swapping

-4g/wifi browsing is awesome with dolphin/stock browser

cons:

-signal strength is lower than with the motorola radio (not just shown but measured)

-sometimes drops data coverage when outside 3g. This is fixed by turning the 4g off.

-looks huge and bulky with a case. gonna possibly try a "carbon fiber" skin

-plastic case so wont be as durable as the X without some sort of protection.

-no sd card. plenty of space just be nice to have the ease of transfering files instead of being connected as MPT device.

Overall Im happy with it. Gonna keep my eye on whether it drops calls or not. I dont use much talk time so it shouldn't be an issue. Hoping software updates may help the reception and switching issues.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had the galaxy nexus for about a week now. ordered it with the extended battery. Im coming from a droid x which was 2 years old.

Inititial Impressions:

Pro's:

-awesome look (I just really dont like the squarish cut off corner look to the razr)

-awesome screen (720P netflix is very cool)

-ICS works well

-going dual core feels like I bolted a turbo onto my droid x

-extended battery without the bulk looks nice vs. other larger batteries on other phones

-better battery life than my droid x

-front facing camera (for mirror pics of course)

-no hard buttons keep the front clean. I dont really miss them either

-similar phone size to razr but with larger screen

-removable battery for swapping

-4g/wifi browsing is awesome with dolphin/stock browser

cons:

-signal strength is lower than with the motorola radio (not just shown but measured)

-sometimes drops data coverage when outside 3g. This is fixed by turning the 4g off.

-looks huge and bulky with a case. gonna possibly try a "carbon fiber" skin

-plastic case so wont be as durable as the X without some sort of protection.

-no sd card. plenty of space just be nice to have the ease of transfering files instead of being connected as MPT device.

Overall Im happy with it. Gonna keep my eye on whether it drops calls or not. I dont use much talk time so it shouldn't be an issue. Hoping software updates may help the reception and switching issues.

Root & Rom the sucker.

80% of owning a nexus is making it yours.

:)

Root & Rom the sucker.

80% of owning a nexus is making it yours.

:)

I c thats huge with these.

Ive never done that on any other phone so I need to do my research.

With phones Im like the guy that drives a bone stock car. Which isn't like me. So Ill get to it once I get some time on it.

• 1 month later...

My wife and I both got phones this past weekend. I got the Nexus and she got the Maxx, and so far the only thing that would make me consider the maxx is the battery and its a nice benefit. Past that the nexus seemed daunting out of the box as far as figuring things out compared to the razr. But after using it for a few days im leaning more and more towards the nexus.

My wife is not as big on smart phones and did adapt to the razr with no problems at all of figuring things out.

With these in mind if you like to tinker with changing different things on the phone go with the Nexus. However if you just want a smart phone with an awesome battery and easy learning curve go with the maxx