WTB 357

Ahmadi6490

Looking for a gently used .357 in 4 or 6 inch barrel. Smith and Weston is the ideal one, I think it's the model 686? Would also consider a Rossi or Tarus. $800 for a new Smith and Weston is just too much for me, thanks.

I'd suggest a Ruger GP100 as well. They are one of the toughest and can usually be had for less than a SW (though they have come up in price alot in the last few years).

The action isn't as smooth as a SW but they're great guns. I'd definitely take one over a Rossi or Taurus if you can afford it.

That is also they other one I had floating around, the only bad thing i've heard about them is the accuracy but I guess it differs person to person. Thanks for the input, i'm looking to spend under $400. I saw vances had them on sale this month for $519 with only 12 left in stock, looks like they are good sellers.

That's not a bad price. Is that for a stainless one? You probably can't get a used one for much less if so.

I bought one for my dad years ago and it was very accurate. After hundreds of super hot "deer-flipper" handloads it finally started to get a little cylinder runout and it has affected accuracy a little bit. It just needs shimmed up and should be good to go for many hundreds more (though it still shoots very well). I doubt most users would see that kind of wear in a lifetime though. This thing probably has 2500+ rounds through it, many of which were hot to very hot loads. If you look at reloading books for .357 you will typically see a separate section of hotter loads for Ruger and TC Contender only.