FS: Konig Wheels 18x9.5 5x114.3

dsm_sleeper

Would these take a 275 tire safely?

yes 8.5-10 is optimal ,but i've put 275 on mustang 8" wheels for years and guys get cheap and put 275's on mustang 17x10.5's when they cant afford 315's..

Well, here's my dilemma. Currently, I have 18x9 + 40 offset Konig wheels on my Stealth, with 275/35 tires. When I installed my coilovers, I lost clearance (at the coil itself - it would otherwise contact the sidewall/edge of rim ) and so I now have to run a 10mm spacer and longer studs. I have never been able to get the vibration out of the wheels at as a result of the spacers, and it really gets on my nerves.

If these wheels could get me away from requiring spacers I'd be pretty interested in them, but I'm not sure they will, or that my thinking is even correct here. The way I see it, I'd gain 15 mm of clearance over my 40mm offset 18x9s, by just the difference in offset alone. However, the half inch increase in rim width might negate the potential gains altogether. It also sounds like my current tires would mount on these no problem.

Anybody confirm or dispute my logic? Is it worth maybe test fitting one?

Not sure, I know that a 5mm spacer was not, so went to a 10mm.

With a 5mm the rim cleared, but the tire didn't (no stretch at all on my 9" wheels).

OP, you have a PM, I'd like to arrange a time to come test fit one to tell for sure.

PM'd yesterday morning, and responded to your craigslist listing as well, hoping it might be a better means of contacting you.

Still very interested in the wheels. Let me know.

willtheyfit.com

Nice thanks, according to that I will lose 1.4mm of rim clearance, but I'll gain a bit of tire clearance by having a slight stretch to the sidewall. Will be close.

Nice thanks, according to that I will lose 1.4mm of rim clearance, but I'll gain a bit of tire clearance by having a slight stretch to the sidewall. Will be close.

275/35/18 will not be stretched at all on a 9.5in rim. just a fyi.

• 1 month later...