4l60E

LS_Sonoma

Has anyone not had the converter seat all the way, hook everything up put it in gear and have fluid exit from your trans yoke. Not the seal but the actual yoke itself?

All of this because I didn't hear three distinct clicks when seating the torque converter. Sorry to rant. I should have went T56...

My thoughts are that the fluid is being forced to the tail shaft due to the tq converter not being fully in place. Any thoughts?

I had this happen to me. My buddy wanted to see my billet converter, so he took it out, then put it back in. I didn't even think about it, and threw it in the next day. It had to be torn back apart to get all of the pieces of the pump out of the tranny. Sorry, that sucks.

I had the pan off yesterday and there isnt known apparent damage. The trans yoke is leaking at the air weep hole in between the u-joint saddles. Apparently I over filled the trans. Consistent fluid level data on the internet would be helpful...

Tomorrow I pull the trans and seat that torque converter.

How did you guys know the pump was destroyed? Was there any noise?

Where the notches in the converter go into the pump doesn't line up with the teeth of the pump. The inside of the pump didn't crack it shattered into a bunch of tiny pieces.

Mine didn't make a sound, it just didn't do anything when I put it in gear, and leaked a couple of drips out of the bottom of the bell housing.

I took the trans off today and the dog legs for the pump would still pump fluid through the center of the input shaft when turned by hand. Also we think we correctly installed the torque converter this time as we actually felt it drop into place...got everything back assembled and it still wont move... should have just put a T56 behind it.