Do I need another polishing compound, or just more patience?

Overclocker

I'm working on my Ram SRT-10 with a newly purchased PC 7424xp and Menzerna PO83 on a Lake Country orange pad. I've been working the deeper scratches in the clear coat with 3M 1500 wet paper. I have, in addition to the orange pad, blue, white, black and green pads. My next finer polish step is Menzerna PO106FA. That's pretty much the extent of the good paint reconditioning stuff I have.

I'm tired of looking at the fine spiderwebby lines in the paint. I've never done this before, so I'm a total n00b with this paint reconditioning thing. Does it usually take a a long time to clean up these marks? Should I be using a different pad? Should I try a more aggressive compound or pad? Is Mopar paint/clear coat simply really hard, and therefore, taking longer than I expect? Am I not using the 7424 properly or do I simply need to be more patient with the whole process?

I've seen what is possible, and I'm is awe. Paint recon seems to be more of an art than a skill.