Speeding ticket

zeitgeist57

I'm not saying anything bad about cops that do let people go 15 over or whatever that's a good thing!. I'm just saying he is under a microscope at all times in the public eye.

Just because a cop is doing over the limit doesn't mean he is just driving over for the hell of it. Maybe he is responding to a call that he/she can't or shouldn't use his sirens(domestic violence). Or maybe he is just doing 10-15 over because he is going with the flow of traffic lol.

There is nothing in the ORC that says its ok/legal for emergency vehicles to speed. Nobody is perfect, everyone speeds or breaks the law, sometimes you just get caught.

Legally, if he's going to break ANY traffic laws he needs to be running lights AND siren during those times...

However I do agree that sometimes it makes more sense to be a little more low key and just try to get through traffic efficiently. We have some Five-Oh here. I'm curious what their opinion would be.

Legally, if he's going to break ANY traffic laws he needs to be running lights AND siren during those times...

However I do agree that sometimes it makes more sense to be a little more low key and just try to get through traffic efficiently. We have some Five-Oh here. I'm curious what their opinion would be.

Depends on policy, experience, the situation etc on when to go lights & sirens. Again there is no law allowing any emergency vehicle to break the speed limit or any law while responding to a call. It's just a matter of use of good sense in whatever the situation is.