How much BF is overweight?

verse

I've lost 43lbs in the last 6 months. I'm 6'2" and weighed 287lbs, now I'm down to 244lbs.

I've been taking SES classes at CSCC and had a full test done on me back in November when I was 273lbs. It showed my lean body mass at 195.7lbs and body fat at 28.3%. If I go by those numbers now, I'm just at 20% BF currently. Everywhere I read says 20% is about average, now I want to be down in the 215-220 range, which according to my lean mass would put me around 10% BF. Do these numbers seem right?

Just some background, I'm a pretty big guy, always been athletic growing up and pretty strong, but does 195 lean mass seem right? If I put my information into a BMI calculator, it says healthy weight would be under 195lbs. I used to be around 210 out of high school and I was pretty fit at that point. I don't see how I could ever get under 200lbs.

I know there are some knowledgeable trainers on here, just wanted everyone's opinion.

I'm 6'1 and the Army allowed me to be 200 lbs. Anything over 200lbs and they had to tape my neck and chest and all that. So I stayed right at 195 and 200 the whole time after basic. In Basic I was around 175 to 185. As soon as I was out of basic and able to burn some calories without burning muscle, I went right back to 195 to 200. I think 195 to 210 would be an ideal weight for 6'2.

I'm 6'1 and the Army allowed me to be 200 lbs. Anything over 200lbs and they had to tape my neck and chest and all that. So I stayed right at 195 and 200 the whole time after basic. In Basic I was around 175 to 185. As soon as I was out of basic and able to burn some calories without burning muscle, I went right back to 195 to 200. I think 195 to 210 would be an ideal weight for 6'2.

I think ideal weight is a myth.....everbodys body type is different. Its an ok measuring point but still me at 210 might be different than you at 210