Travis Pastrana Goes Oval Racing

wagner

He gets his first start tonight, will he finish or wreck out? I think he will finish but not on the lead lap and the car will not be in good shape. Yes he can wheel a rally car but this is a whole different animal.

Hes been doing NASCAR for over a year, so its not his first go, just his first time starting in the Nationwide series.

Still should have never left Rally America.

Hes been doing NASCAR for over a year, so its not his first go, just his first time starting in the Nationwide series.

Still should have never left Rally America.

I don't think he has if I read this correctly

This was supposed to be Pastrana’s second season in the Nationwide series, but the destruction of his ankle last July put the kibosh on season 1.0. Instead of competing in the planned 20 races this year, sponsors have committed to seven races this year and perhaps more if his health will allow it.

It's all about the $$.

I agree with this statement. I am not rooting against Travis, I think he would be great for the sport and hope he does well. Anytime you can grow any type of motor sport that is a good thing.

I just think he is going to struggle with this because going fast and turning left is not as easy as people think. Ask just about every open wheel driver that has tried. Tony Stewart is one of the few who has crossed over from another form of racing and done well. But then again Tony Stewart can drive the dick off anything he jumps in...

Stewart is one of the few who has crossed over from another form of racing and done well. But then again Tony Stewart can drive the dick off anything he jumps in...

I agree but Travis can drive anything with a motor well too. Guy has nuts and a real talent. He tries anything and does it as well as the pro giving him a tour/lesson in 1-3 tries.