WTB: 5.9 Motor for Durango.

Ryan218

i need a 5.9 motor for my durango r/t. i pulled the valve covers today to find a half inch thick layer of sludge. push rods completely cloged. whoever had this did not take care of the motor one bit. needs to be a long block. dont want to deal with getting these heads cleaned up.

614-832-9977

what are your plans for the truck? that 5.9 is pretty weak in stock form..... drop it off somwhere and have them send you a 408.

If I for some reason ending up keeping it I'd just put a. Vortech on it. 408's at best get 8 mpg. Vortech kit would be half the cost and yield more power IMO. And still be able to be daily driven. Plan is to get it fixed up and trade it off for a mustang.

If I for some reason ending up keeping it I'd just put a. Vortech on it. 408's at best get 8 mpg. Vortech kit would be half the cost and yield more power IMO. And still be able to be daily driven. Plan is to get it fixed up and trade it off for a mustang.

You'd be surprised, I got better than that on my 408 truck I built.

Careful with boost if you use SCT, especially if it's a daily. The JTEC resolution is terrible, and really gets bad with the 2-bar because it gets cut in half. Megasquirt is the best option for driveability and a safe tune, with boost.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H3mHIXcjywpLatW_SuBqgEXum-YBHvZTovB0H5Mltcs/edit