Columbus Motor Speedway Open Drift Practice June 10th!!!

Flybye

That's right....all is cleared with insurance and we are good to go. This is for the first practice of the year. I understand the cost went up a little bit, but I have a lot more overhead and need to cover these costs. Not to add that most of them have been paid up front to make this happen for you guys/gals. So please do not complain about the increase. I know it sucks and other tracks might be less, but every situation is different. So deal with it and lets rock this damn place!

COST: $35 per driver (NOT PER CAR!) I will have wristbands to verify you paid

WHEN: Sunday June 10th

WHERE: Columbus motor Speedway 1841 Williams Road Columbus, OH 43207

TIMES: 10am-5pm

RULES:

Standard Tech will apply

Drivers MUST have helmets

All cars on the track must be equipped with working OEM seatbelts or harnesses (no ebay junk)

Tandem is fine if the participating cars can pass the required tech

No ride alongs as of now (may change, but probably not)

You may show up to the track as early as 9:30am to get your cars ready or help set things up. Tech inspection will start at 9:45am.

RESPECT THE TRACK AND PLEASE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES!

**Due to insurance difficulties all drivers must sign the CMS practice release form. This basically means that myself and anyone affiliated with the track is NOT responsible for injuries or accidents that could happen.**

If you have any questions then feel free to ask ME. Please do not call the track and bug them with your questions. I should have all the answers you would need to know. If not then leave it up to ME to ask the owners or insurance company.

Thanks,

Sean

I may bring the new car out for one of those then, I am not a big fan of the sport but I am a fan of killing tires :)

I think your opinions will change once seeing it in person and participating ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I don't have any good cars for this; the BRZ isn't broken in yet (shut up Jones :D ).

But I may swing by to watch.

You will have a good time and get pumped for the next one in July ;)

Are convertibles without cages allowed? I have some shitty tires to get rid of...

Yes, top must stay up and you can slide the infield/stay low on the bank . Although I haven't confirmed this with insurance or the track owners. I don't see it being a problem considering you will be at lower speeds and away from the wall. Just show up and I will have an answer for you in the morning. As of now I just got a basic layout of the rules from them. The rest I will be playing by ear.

Also....everyone attending needs to drive back to the pits. Including spectators. There is a set of bleachers back there to watch from.

Drivers do the same. I will be making my rounds to inspect the cars and collect money. Those of you that know me can help direct the ones who don't.