G8 gt cylinder 8 misfire

1bad95gt

This all started the morning after doing longtubes and full exhaust, the only problem I had was I broke the spark plug at cylinder 8 whenever I was pulling the header up, only plug I had to get it home until the next morning when parts store would be open was a tr6 so I put it in to get it home and it drove fine with it in there. The next morning when I left to go get the right plug it drove terrible and backfired some. So I put the correct plug in and it continued to to do the same miss. So far I have changed the coils around, plug wires around, plugs around, and the injectors around. Is there anything I'm missing here? I have to have this car and I lost my job Friday so I'm hoping it's nothing serious like a collapsed lifter etc.

Is the misfire only on cylinder 8 or is it random?

Have you cleared memory since the engine light popped up?

Yes only in cylinder 8, I have cleared memory every time I tried something else, I just pulled the negative battery cable to reset it this time, I'm about to reinstall and see if that does anything.

And still popped up with cyl 8 misfire?

Just putting in a different plug should not have changed anything. Something else doesnt seem right.

I'm sure it is, the light never comes on instantly usually takes a few miles and I no longer have the scanner for the night.

I got the headers used, they are slp's with high flow cats and the fins were bent some in the cat, could that or leaks cause any of this?

But when I pull the plug you can see its not getting fuel. It has no discoloration at all, still looks new, I know the injector is working tho. And I put I timing light on the wire and it's getting spark.