WTB cheap hand gun

2loNslo

That reminds me, I have a 99% condition P64 I might part with a couple hundred. Not my first carry choice but it has been a neat little gun. My wife used to carry it alot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-64_(pistol)

If you don't sell this to the OP, I might get it for my GF.

I'll talk it over with her an PM you if she wants.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keltec and kahr are no where near the same price range.

jesus, go fucking read.

"cheap" for range user Hi Point

"cheap" for carry Keltec/Kahr

No where did I say the Hi Point and the Keltec/Kahr were in the same price range. Since the OP didn't specify a carry gun I gave him both of my opinions at first.

jesus, go fucking read.

"cheap" for range user Hi Point

"cheap" for carry Keltec/Kahr

No where did I say the Hi Point and the Keltec/Kahr were in the same price range. Since the OP didn't specify a carry gun I gave him both of my opinions at first.

I think he's insinuating that Keltecs and Kahrs aren't in the same price range; which he is correct, because they are not.

Kahrs can get a bit pricey.

Hi point 9mm.

People rag on them but I've never had a single issues with mine. No Jams and it's quite accurate (Tested by my father during his prime on the force)

they can be had for sub 200$

Carry piece. Carry piece. Carry piece. You really want to lug a maybe functional brick around all day? Not to mention it's overall frame size. It's laughable at best that HP tried to market the SAME exact C9 as a "compact" modle if it didn't have their ~1" muzzle break.

Here. There is a reliable gun that is lightweight, a good defense load, small enough to pocket carry in gym shorts if you had to, and the cost is fair. Find one used for less and you win.

I think he's insinuating that Keltecs and Kahrs aren't in the same price range; which he is correct, because they are not.

Kahrs can get a bit pricey.

I have seen most Keltecs around 300 bucks, and Kahrs around 400 bucks. I would say that is close. It certainly isn't comparing Keltec to Kimber in regards to price.

I have seen most Keltecs around 300 bucks, and Kahrs around 400 bucks. I would say that is close. It certainly isn't comparing Keltec to Kimber in regards to price.

I think its a fair compatison. The Kahr CW series are pretty inexpensive. The rest are pretty pricey though. I would still definitely trust a CW series even though it cost near half as much as some of their other guns. I like the feel of the CW Kahr over the KelTec offerings but both are known to be reliable.

Ruger LCP

*Ruger LC9 (this is my ccw for now, looking at getting a Kel-Tec pf9 or p11 here soon)

*Kel-Tec pf9

Kel-Tec p11

*Kahr pm40

*Kahr pm9

-* Weapons I have Shot

The weapons I have shot all felt about the same. I personally like 9mm in a small gun, 40 seems a bit to hoppy for me to enjoy at the range.

They are all similar in size and close in price, except the Kahr they can be a bit more.

Held a Smith & Wesson Shield in 9mm today at Vances... Damn did it feel good!! (Compaired to the LC9, PF9, P11, P9 and P40)

I wanted to get one of the Kel-Tecs in 9mm because you can by .22 conversions for them for cheap fun on the range and plunking around.

Kel-Tec P11 $269

T.I .22 conv $199

=~$470 for one gun, two calibers.

Smith & Wesson Shield = $370-$440 for 9mm or .40

Depends on what else you want to do with it I guess

Held a Smith & Wesson Shield in 9mm today at Vances... Damn did it feel good!! (Compaired to the LC9, PF9, P11, P9 and P40)

I wanted to get one of the Kel-Tecs in 9mm because you can by .22 conversions for them for cheap fun on the range and plunking around.

Kel-Tec P11 $269

T.I .22 conv $199

=~$470 for one gun, two calibers.

Smith & Wesson Shield = $370-$440 for 9mm or .40

Depends on what else you want to do with it I guess

I till say check the SR9c. The 17 round mag makes for a great day at the range, the 10 round makes for excellent carry. It is larger than the LC9 or Keltec size though.

I love the hipoint haters...fails under pressure...prove it with some research.

I was talking to a gunsmith with 30yrs experience and we talked about hipoint

First thing he said well not a good hand gun...but then he said you know I've been in business 30yrs and only repaired 1..worked on a lot of glocks.

Now why wouldnt i carry a hp...all of they are BIG and HEAVY....you would have to reach for your ankles as your gun would have dropped that far.

I had a 45 and my older boys has a 9 both shoot/shot well and hit the target a lot.

So let some pussy asshole bad rep me again becasue they hate hipoint...yes some dick did it once before for that reason

mace

• Downvote 2

First thing he said well not a good hand gun...but then he said you know I've been in business 30yrs and only repaired 1..worked on a lot of glocks.

Why would he? "Mother" fixes their own mistakes. Also, you said you wouldn't carry due to weight. We all agree...and the OP asked for something to carry. That's the main reason I stated what I did previously.

HP .40 asplodes

I'll pass.

Look, if you like yours you like it. No need to try and prove it to anyone. I absolutely love my SR9c and can't stand the feel of a Glock (although I won't detest Glocks reliability) and others on here know that about me. It is what it is. The fact of the matter is though that the OP asked for a GOOD pistol and also mentioned wanting to carry it, which you yourself said you wouldn't do with an HP.

The end.

Good luck OP. Let us know what you find.

I love the hipoint haters...fails under pressure...prove it with some research.

I was talking to a gunsmith with 30yrs experience and we talked about hipoint

Now why wouldnt i carry a hp...all of they are BIG and HEAVY....you would have to reach for your ankles as your gun would have dropped that far.

I had a 45 and my older boys has a 9 both shoot/shot well and hit the target a lot.

So let some pussy asshole bad rep me again becasue they hate hipoint...yes some dick did it once before for that reason

mace

I welcome you to bring your hi point out to a USPSA match with me and actually run it, hard. I have no doubt that they perform just fine while standing 10ft in front of a piece of paper and plinking away at it. But, actually run the gun like a gun should be, and I bet it shits the bed. Not a single person that's serious about USPSA runs a hi point, and there's a reason for that...

I am open-minded, so please, feel free to change it.

I welcome you to bring your hi point out to a USPSA match with me and actually run it, hard. I have no doubt that they perform just fine while standing 10ft in front of a piece of paper and plinking away at it. But, actually run the gun like a gun should be, and I bet it shits the bed. Not a single person that's serious about USPSA runs a hi point, and there's a reason for that...

I am open-minded, so please, feel free to change it.

Agreed. I was in an amateur shooting comp and the only HP there jammed by the third round at EVERY single stage of the comp. Luckily everyone agreed to let the new shooter borrow another persons backup pistol.

I dont have it any longer you have to ask 990mike about it.

I do have a HP 9mm carbine

As I said it shot well. I didnt see the carry in the OPs remarks.

Also thank you for the neg rep ..who ever didnt have the ball to put their name on it

mace

HP carbines and HP pistols are night and day. I also own a hipoint 9mm carbine. shoot this shit out of it. over 1000rds. runs flawlessly and is accurate too. Don't think i'd ever own an HP pistol unless it was to buy as a gag gift for any of my gun owning friends birthdays

HP carbines and HP pistols are night and day. I also own a hipoint 9mm carbine. shoot this shit out of it. over 1000rds. runs flawlessly and is accurate too. Don't think i'd ever own an HP pistol unless it was to buy as a gag gift for any of my gun owning friends birthdays

Yup. Traded my first bolt action .22 I had for a 995ts. Ran the crap out of that thing and sold it for profit after adding a free gripod and red dot that were given to me. Miss that thing. I'll get another someday.

I guess I have a hard time trying to figure out how you can build 1 firearm so brilliantly but build another so crappy....where is the happy medium...lol

Oh and thank you paul r you are so eloquent in your neg,but at least you left your name.

so i dont consider you a coward ..just an idiot

mace

Edited by Mace
  • Upvote 1

I guess I have a hard time trying to figure out how you can build 1 firearm so brilliantly but build another so crappy...

Pontiac Trans Am. Pontiac Aztec.

Ford Mustang Cobra. Ford Mustang II

Chevrolet Corvette. Chevrolet Vega.

Cadillac CTS-V. Cadillac Cimaron.

Toyota Supra. Toyota Tercel.

Olds 442. Olds Cutless Supreme.

Dodge Viper. Dodge Neon.

Ford Taurus SHO. Ford Pinto.

Buick Grand National. Buick Lesabre.

HP carbine. HP pistol

The end.