girlfriends parents

dicemouth88

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad driving record, you are 20 she is 19, her parents don't want her on your bike and you don't have any gear for her yet.

sounds like 4 reasons not to put her on the back of your bike. Sucks man. I know you want to take he for a ride but I have to agree with everyone else. If she is still listening to her parents on this stuff then leave it alone.

Honestly, the way I drove when I was 20, I'm glad I didn't have a bike then and I would be skeptical about my daughter in this scenario as well if I had a daughter.

What is the main reason for wanting to take her for a ride?

I've had my g/f on the back of my bike, but mostly for transportational purposes. (bike uses less than half the fuel of the caddy, and she's 80 miles one way)

Riding people isn't nearly as fun as it sounds, riding solo is WAY more enjoyable.

Take it as a blessing...

"sorry, your parents said no, now get in your car and follow me"

I got my wife her own bike so she'd stay off the back of mine.

I thought about getting my wife one, but she can barely handle walking down stairs. She would scare the shit of me and everyone else on a bike.

I let her go pick out some gear, but my bike isn't bad two-up, wouldn't do it it for more than an hour at a time though.

80 miles with a rider? :nono: ugh

speaking of gf's & bikes, a friend of mine had a gf in virginia, in one summer he did 5 7 hour trips on his 600rr.......straight thru :eek: he ended up marrying her too :p

the first 10 miles are the worst, then she starts to relax and get comfortable. I'll probably end up getting her a backrest for my corbin...

I thought about getting my wife one, but she can barely handle walking down stairs. She would scare the shit of me and everyone else on a bike.

I let her go pick out some gear, but my bike isn't bad two-up, wouldn't do it it for more than an hour at a time though.

+1 for having the exact same problem. And in fact, my g/f DID buy one... she put 5 miles on it, and I put about 1000 on it last summer before it got sold. No biggie... I just used the extra space to get myself another bike :D

And yes, most of those helmets were bought for chick-on-the-back. Some I got back, some I didn't. Some I didn't want back. Most were nice and at least offered the helmets back.

I only date girls that already have their own gear, probably from an exboyfriend.... sorry recon

Yah, much over 50 miles on my monster with the GF on the back isn't really comfortable. I'd love to have something bigger to ride around with her on the back but I think she just likes being seen on the Ducati too much. all the bigger bikes are ugly, in her opinion anyway.

We usually just ride 20 minutes to and from places in town. Every now and again I take her out on some mild twisties. Something like a V-strom or many of the BMWs would be much better for 2-up. At least it looks that way. I can't imagine what it's like an an R6.