girlfriends parents

dicemouth88

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my girlfriends parents wont let her ride with me. i told them that i feel i have enough experience to have ride but they say they see how i drive. whats the best way to persuade her rents to ride on my bike?

No offense bro... but if your girlfriend still has to "ask her parents" what she is allowed to do, she has no business on your bike... and you probably have no business driving her around even if they did "let her." If you "feel you have enough experience" chances are, your wrong. Wait till you have ridden for a few years on the street before you go adding passengers. Just my .02

oh shes is but i was thinking about having her ride without tellin the rents but if something were to happen i just dont wanna lose their trust

You would definatly lose their trust... and you would get sued. You do realize that the parents of a minor can sue your ass without the help of their daughter if ANYTHING were to happen to her right?

lol, wut

put yourself in the position of the dad:

your daughter's boyfriend who has a shitty driving record in a car and may or may not have numerous accidents under his belt (this makes him "experienced" fo sho!) wants to take one of the most precious things he has in his life on a what is widely regarded as a death trap.

you, as the father, tell him no. you suck at driving safely, and it can only get worse on a bike.

said boyfriend takes daughter anyway, may or may not crash

you, as the father, finds out. father gets out his 12 gauge...

and PROFITS!!

good luck

My thoughts exactly...

Find a new girlfriend and no matter what happens, do not under any circumstances buy her gear. You will buy it. The relationship will end. You are out some money, and the chick has your extra gear. Its a bad idea all the way around. Make her ride her own motorcycle. Girls who drive are hotter than girls who ride anyways.

Not so great driving record. How many points currently?????

Those are earned and show a fraction of your misbehavior.

At least her parents are looking our for her,

I know my daughter wouldn't get on a bike with you.

Edited by Lost
I suck at spelling

As a mother of three and 8 years your senior, I would say respect her parents as long as she is living under their roof. There is a ton of risk involved when taking on a passenger, and even though you may have done it before, you are still a rookie. I know that as long as my girls are living with me, I won't let them either. It only pays to keep a close watch over your children, and I don't blame her parents. If she wants to do what she wants, then she needs to move out and take on her own responsiblities. Not to be a bitch...but that's just the way it is. :D

+1 ^^^^^^ Good mommy right thar ^^^^^^

+1 ^^^^^^ Good mommy right thar ^^^^^^

Thanks. It is good to know that someone thinks I am a good mom, even when your kids may not :). You have to protect your daughters now days. I got away with way too much when I was younger, and came close to death a couple of times. I wish my parents would have had a tighter leash on me when I look back. Problem is, they don't realize it until they are older. Having that problem with my 8 year old now... but she will just have to get over it. :rolleyes:

Thanks. It is good to know that someone thinks I am a good mom, even when your kids may not :). You have to protect your daughters now days. I got away with way too much when I was younger, and came close to death a couple of times. I wish my parents would have had a tighter leash on me when I look back. Problem is, they don't realize it until they are older. Having that problem with my 8 year old now... but she will just have to get over it. :rolleyes:

+1 Having a daughter is scarey as hell. Sorry to the original poster, but if it was my baby girl you would already be dead.;)

Find a new girlfriend and no matter what happens, do not under any circumstances buy her gear. You will buy it. The relationship will end. You are out some money, and the chick has your extra gear.

Me personally I have hauled about several different girls, each several times. nofatchx either :p. It was a lil uncomfortable the the first time but I figured out how to sit and not to haul them further than 5 miles so now isn't too bad. I just have a few rules I tell them the first time they ride--I get on first, off last, put your hands on the tank when stopping so i dont get rammed into it, relax and just hang on, don't TRY to lean.

The sense of responsibility of another person on the bike is huge to me. I go "slow" and take it easy. I don't feel right unless they are wearing a helmet/jacket. I will give them mine if my buddies arnt around for her to borrow thiers.

Sorry for the Long post, but back to what i quoted about buying a girl gear....I'm planning on buying a XS hjc helmet and a small jacket and just keep it for ANY girl, not giving it to a certain one.

heh and the problem with the girls borrowing my friends gear, the jackets are a bit large :roll:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2265059&l=4c03f57436&id=587172387

she had a helmet too btw.

Edited by warpspeed

best post ever! The girlfriends bike doesn't even have a back seat and I sold my passenger seat on ebay over a year ago.

I think you shipped your balls with the passenger seat :nono:...better contact that ebayer and get them back. hah

Sorry for the Long post, but back to what i quoted about buying a girl gear....I'm planning on buying a XS hjc helmet and a small jacket and just keep it for ANY girl, not giving it to a certain one.

So, what if you come along a girl that is taller than 5 foot 2, weighs more than 90 lbs, and you have to go all out and buy a large? Better yet, what if her boobs are really big? Then your'e screwed....or not screwed I guess because you can't get the chic on your bike to take her home for a lay. Sorry, off on a rant. I can't fit one boob into an a small, much less and XS! And I don't consider myself to be a fat chic. :)

So, what if you come along a girl that is taller than 5 foot 2, weighs more than 90 lbs, and you have to go all out and buy a large? Better yet, what if her boobs are really big? Then your'e screwed....or not screwed I guess because you can't get the chic on your bike to take her home for a lay. Sorry, off on a rant. I can't fit one boob into an a small, much less and XS! And I don't consider myself to be a fat chic. :)

give him a break, it's an r6, it barely pulls him around, if he adds more than 90 lbs to it, the tail might break off :D

J/K

This is actually turning into a great thread. I've bought so many helmets in so many sizes. Sad is they didn't cost very much back-in-the-day. If you buy a helmet like that now, everyone thinks you're suicidal. It's the same helmet or better, but there are so many more advanced helmets to choose from.

And yes, most of those helmets were bought for chick-on-the-back. Some I got back, some I didn't. Some I didn't want back. Most were nice and at least offered the helmets back.

Shall we start a helmet rental? Borrow a helmet and see how it goes? If we all cleaned out our hall closets, we'd probably have lots of helmets to spare.

and yeah, if I had a daughter, you'd be out of luck.

I can't fit one boob into an a small, much less and XS! And I don't consider myself to be a fat chic. :)

:grin: I got a good laugh there

when i said small I wasn't referring to a specific SIZE, just something smaller than a freakin large mens jacket. Sorry I don't know anything about girls jackets :rolleyes: