Sanding scratches in clear coat after lackluster "wet sand and buff"

noobiemcnooberson.

Long story short I had my car repainted about a year or so ago with base clear by a friend of my fathers. I was happy with the paint job but noticed some dirt spots in the car that continued to bother me. I discussed the issue with the pdr/ refinishing guy in the body shop for the dealer I work for. He assured me that most of the dirt could be wet sanded out which it was and looked much better.

After the car sat in storage all winter; I recently started driving it again with out waxing it just a basic hand wash. I started noticing what at first I thought were dry spots in the clear coat but after getting a couple other opinions I was told they are actually sanding scratches in the clear from a DA. I didn't notice these at first because the car is white and it is rather difficult to see.

I am very disappointed in the lack of gloss in these spots but don't know what I can do to correct it. I have been told it can be buffed out with fine grit finishing compound but I feel I might do more harm than good. I don't want to have the guy who originally did the buffing to touch my car again because I'm extremely disappointed in the job he did.

Anyone have advice or recommendations for someone that could correct this for me? I've seen several good reviews of Andy's mobile detailing and Esoteric (Spelling?) but I'd like to review any options available to me.

Thanks!

Could be he sanded all the dirt out and went through the clear in the process, could have just left behind sanding marks that he didn't completely get out, Could be he didn't get them all the way out because he sanded too far and didn't want to polish through the clear.

Anytime Sanding has been done you can rest assured you pretty much need to follow with at least 2 stages of paint polishing, usually 3 to really get the surface back to perfect. Could even need more sanding if he didn't finish with a fine enough grit of paper.

Too many variables to really say for sure without just seeing it, esp on a car with a completely re-spray. I'd be more than willing to take a look at it for you, go over the problem areas and tell you wnat I think it needs to make them right.

Andy