Coke heads...

SRTurbo04

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coke with cane sugar, like the glass bottles from Mexico, is the best. It gets rid of that weird aftertaste and is absolutely delicious.

No way, I think it tastes like shit. I feel like there is wayyy less carbonation. Maybe I am just addicted to HFCS.

Coke with cane sugar, like the glass bottles from Mexico, is the best. It gets rid of that weird aftertaste and is absolutely delicious.

Like thissss I ment to post this pic(hence the thread) but forgot I fail haha

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/04srturbo/IMG_20120618_173604.jpg

Do you pay to import it or is it something sold in the united states?

By far best Cola ever. It doesn't leave a nasty film in your mouth, or bad aftertaste. This is the only Coke my wife and I drink. It has a much crisper/cleaner flavor/texture than the american garbage. Regular coke makes my stomach hurt, not this stuff. I tried having a can of good ol' americun coca cola over my in laws house since that's all they had, I was able to get down 1/4 of the can and couldn't finish.

I have told some old people about this stuff that are all about american made this and not buying foreign that, and I have them try this coke and they ask me for more and have a sheepish look on their face like they have a guilty conscience or something since I told them it's from mexico and they still want it.

Do you pay to import it or is it something sold in the united states?

Also, you can get it around one of the Jewish holidays (I forget which one....passover maybe?). The Coke 2 liters with pure cane sugar have a yellow cap with a Yiddish character on them.

Cane sugar > HFCS any day

I hate to shit on your parade, but the Mexi coke in glass bottles have been tested and they found no sugar....

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/2010/10/mexican_coke_the_real_thing.php

From the Gawker post: "Mexican Coke doesn't seem to contain the compound you find in cane sugar--sucrose. Instead, the bottles seemed to contain glucose and fructose, which show up in high-fructose corn syrup."

Nooooooooooooooo!

According to the report, a possible explanation for the lack of sucrose in the Mexican Coke samples studied is that the bottles were old and the sucrose had split into the other two compounds. The researchers also did not analyze enough bottles to come to a firm conclusion.

every bottle I have seen at Costco says 2001, keep shelling out 2x-4x the cash for 11 year old coke in glass. Costco sells it everyday in 24 packs for $24.

By far best Cola ever. It doesn't leave a nasty film in your mouth, or bad aftertaste. This is the only Coke my wife and I drink. It has a much crisper/cleaner flavor/texture than the american garbage. Regular coke makes my stomach hurt, not this stuff. I tried having a can of good ol' americun coca cola over my in laws house since that's all they had, I was able to get down 1/4 of the can and couldn't finish.

I have told some old people about this stuff that are all about american made this and not buying foreign that, and I have them try this coke and they ask me for more and have a sheepish look on their face like they have a guilty conscience or something since I told them it's from mexico and they still want it.

This.

I was told in Belize that the coke there uses cane sugar. I can definitely taste a difference and whatever it is, I like it.

Doesn't matter to me what's in it I can defentally taste a difference

Yup. sucrose, glucose, fructose, cherokee pubes, whatever it is, it tastes better than the alternatives offer by the fine people at Coca-Cola.