AMA races

justin0469

Admittedly, this is the first race I've watch this season but last I remember, there was just a couple Buells in the race and the were in the LAST 5. Now Danny Eslik is riding a Buell out front???? Everyone says it has more to do with the rider than the bike but there are other riders out there that are trailing pretty far behind right from the start - Jamie Hacking on his Kawi and Jake Zemke on the Suzuki

And since when do they do rolling starts??

Two heats generally is to structure the starting grid order. Plus eliminate contestants if too many had shown up to race. I've seen three heats when there are too many. Is that what you mean?

I know I ride a buell so theres a bit of favoritism but why doesnt anybody bitch about the aprilia or ducati? Their bigger bore bikes to. The 1125 doesnt really have anything harley on it.

Because the Aprilia that is allowed to race with the 600s is a sub 1000cc twin. No Ducatis are allowed and that's the issue. The Rotax 1125 Buell is similar to that of the DUcati 1098, but the 1098 isn't allowed to run... Well, it is, but in the same class as the 1000s.

Oh, and they had a Buell in the 1000 race and it didn't finish last!

Two heats generally is to structure the starting grid order. Plus eliminate contestants if too many had shown up to race. I've seen three heats when there are too many. Is that what you mean?

Heats are used in MX racing. Not WSBK. WSBK runs two seperate point awarding races in the same weekend. Here in the States, we call them double headers. It's simply something that WSBK has always done. Just two races per weekend...

I think it's pretty cool to see an American bike on the podium. I also think it's pretty cool to see a first year team beat the LONG established factory teams.

A few things...It's difficult to have a class where I4s and Twins can compete equally. AMA tried to make a level playing field. In the last race I saw, the top 6 finshers were on 6 different bikes...that seems pretty even. Before the season, no one knew if the Buell would even be competitive. Give some credit to Eslick, it's not like Buells are sweeping the podium.

I'm not ready bash the Buell because:

--The Buell hasn't qualifed on the Pole or set the fastest lap in a race.

--The Buell is already penalized 20 lbs over the 600cc bikes.

--The fastest bike in the class is the Aprilia, and it's best finish so far is 6th.

--Eslick has been riding his ASS off.

If you see a Buell sweep or Eslick gapping the field by 15 seconds, I think that they will add another 10 lbs to the Buell. Especailly now that NASCAR owns AMA Pro Racing.