Cr y u no race???

phil

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it there is really no monitering then? I have sandbaged a 13.0 index before and done pretty well...

the 'rule' is no use of gtech's.... but people still sneak and use them.

Follow the rules, which I have listed in my thread, and dont break out, and the cash is yours.

the 'rule' is no use of gtech's.... but people still sneak and use them.

Follow the rules, which I have listed in my thread, and dont break out, and the cash is yours.

I would love for someone to use a gtech, will make it easier on me to pace them and take the stripe :gabe:

If I can get some things together I will try to make it down and let you know. I think Edgewater is about the only track in Ohio I have not ran on yet.

Looks like my last tnl for me until i get some QTP's. They changed some rules around last night. No trailers on the property, you must drive in now. No generators or cooling between rounds. You must return to the lanes after your win.

Im glad they changed it around a little and aim it at TRUE street cars..

Your just not understanding how this works. You can't pace and then beat someone if they are on pace for say an 11.50 run....you lose.

No, I understand it very well. I have done my fair share of bracket racing and went the the semi-finals of a national event. Look at any of the indexes for NHRA class racing, all about cutting a good light and being able to drive the car at the top end.

But you aren't getting it...there's no reaction time to look at since it's off hand drop, there's no RT on your slip...it doesn't exist, first thing you get is 60' time. What your saying to do doesn't work at this event. This isn't bracket racing.

But you aren't getting it...there's no reaction time to look at since it's off hand drop, there's no RT on your slip...it doesn't exist, first thing you get is 60' time. What your saying to do doesn't work at this event. This isn't bracket racing.

So what are you leaving off of hopes and dreams? You have to react off the hand drop right? I don't give to shits and a fuck about the RT on a slip for this, you are correct it is not needed. I just need to leave better than the other person right? Hence have a better reaction right?

No trailers...or no trailers on property? I come a

Long way when I come, I'll be damned If I'm

Not at least bringing my trailer with me.

Prolly have I park your trailer somewhere else and drive the car you are racing onto the property. I like that idea.

No trailers...or no trailers on property? I come a

Long way when I come, I'll be damned If I'm

Not at least bringing my trailer with me.

This might just apply to the king of street cars? I agree there is no way in hell I would leave a trailor full of tools and gear someplace where I cannot be around it.

That is a great way to kill the event having stupid rules like this.

Yes Wagner, but leaving off a hand drop you can't "tree" someone if your both on route to say a perfect 11.49 pass and beat the guy to the line FTW....beating him would mean you broke out and he gets the win. Last time I broke out 2nd round by .018 FTL...that sucked. Lol.

Prolly have I park your trailer somewhere else and drive the car you are racing onto the property. I like that idea.

This might just apply to the king of street cars? I agree there is no way in hell I would leave a trailor full of tools and gear someplace where I cannot be around it.

That is a great way to kill the event having stupid rules like this.

Yeah I'm not leaving my trailer outside...I'll drive there but my trailers coming behind something else just in case.

Yes Wagner, but leaving off a hand drop you can't "tree" someone if your both on route to say a perfect 11.49 pass and beat the guy to the line FTW....beating him would mean you broke out and he gets the win. Last time I broke out 2nd round by .018 FTL...that sucked. Lol.

In theory you should be able to tree someone off a hand drop, that is how the lady who won Pinks All Out at Norwalk won. She made the guy she was racing look flat dumb just donkey punching him off the line 2 of the 3 races in the final. I really felt bad for the guy to be honest.

To what you are saying, yes you could still break out. I have lost several races by not lifting enough at the end and losing by stupid close margins like .018, I feel your pain.

If you want to win at bracket or index racing you need to run at least .2 under the index and sandbag a bit.

This arm drop stuff just makes it a little more difficult and you really have to know your car, how to drive, and make very quick decsions at the big end.

Yeah I'm not leaving my trailer outside...I'll drive there but my trailers coming behind something else just in case.

oh yeah thats true. i didnt think about that factor. screw it im not racing until the dsm is done so i wont have to worry about it this yr proly