FN FNP .45?

AWW$HEEET

Decent weapon? I don't hear a ton about them next to springfields, glocks, etc. Just looking for home defense, non ccw.

IMO FN > Glock or Springfield.

Bought dad a used FNP9 for Christmas 2 years ago. He loves it so much he got an FNP40 from Buds. Hands down the best pistol I've used and I'm looking to get one.

For reference we've compared them to bro's XD40, my SR9c, uncles Colt 1911, a Ruger P95 and P90, buddies Glock 26 and G19, dads Bersa Thunder 9 and a few more. Everyone who has shot the FNP9 loves it above all others.

I WILL own one in the future.

As for HD, his FNP9 stays loaded on the night stand with an attached light and his FNP40 stays stashed elsewhere in his bedroom loaded for HD purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

Silverhatch has one. I have shot the FN .45 and the feel is very much like my HK USP .45. It is a solid pistol, and I have no complaints.

On a side note, I am biased. I love HK. You just cannot break them. If you want a firearm for sport and target shooting, whatever you like. If your life may depend on the firearm working, pay the extra money to get something reliable.

Which means, stay away from Hi Point.

FNP45 is a great gun. I was trying to decide between that and a HK45 a few years back. Shot both, they were very similar and shot great. I went with the HK because I found a great deal on a used one. But if if I were to buy new, it would have been the FNP45 all the way and I'm a big H&K Fan boy, not worth the 300 dollar price difference.

I'd have to shoot both, but the H&K would have to be way better than the FN to justify the $300 difference and the -4 round capacity. The FN also comes with 3 magazines, the HK45 just 2, and H&K magazines are damn expensive.

I'd have to shoot both, but the H&K would have to be way better than the FN to justify the $300 difference and the -4 round capacity. The FN also comes with 3 magazines, the HK45 just 2, and H&K magazines are damn expensive.

Yes, yes HK magazines are not the highest capacity, and they are stupid expensive. Finding a decent holster that accommodates my tac light as well has proven to be near impossible.

But a 3 inch group of 50 rounds at 30 feet isn't bad either.