Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices-

FocusDave01

— Every state has an Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices (UDAP) law. These laws can often be used even if the used car is sold "as is," as long as the dealer is guilty of a verbal deception or a failure to disclose information about the vehicle.

hmm there is a law about this wonder if i should call a lawyer and get this process started. however it is a motorcycle not a car...this came from this site

http://www.lemonjustice.com/lemon-law/OH_other_lemon_law.php

I really just think you're screwed. I think the "as is" is gonna be hard to beat. As far as the dealer not disclosing

something I'm sure they will just deny they knew about any problem it had; which might very well be true.

I hate to say it, but you probably just learned an expensive/valuable lesson.... buying used is a gamble, no matter where you buy it.

I really just think you're screwed. I think the "as is" is gonna be hard to beat. As far as the dealer not disclosing

something I'm sure they will just deny they knew about any problem it had; which might very well be true.

I hate to say it' date=' but you probably just learned an expensive/valuable lesson.... buying used is a gamble, no matter where you buy it.[/quote']

i agree with you and i spoke to the lawyer allready they want me to fax the paper work to them they say that it is doable case. becasue even "as is" they cant sell anything that doesnt work right. they also want me to get shop estimates and what not to get it officially looked at and find out what the problem is...

Kinda hard to get a quote when your bike is sitting torn apart at someone else's place.. The fact that you have already torn into the motor yourself I believe will negate you from having any grounds for a suit..

nah i even told them that its not really torn all aprt we jsut took the top off and looked into the valves took 10 min i wouldnt consider that a big deal,, but then again what do i know...