School me on AR-15's

Rustlestiltskin

^^ that's already been discussed in another thread. Too bad some setting on this sight won't let me search, edit or check my PM's. Not going on my phone to look this up for you, but it's all been covered.

Sorry. I'll look it up. I've been to gun shops all weekend looking around. I'll prolly get an m&p15T unless I can find a good deal on a Daniel defense off of arms list. :/

Sorry. I'll look it up. I've been to gun shops all weekend looking around. I'll prolly get an m&p15T unless I can find a good deal on a Daniel defense off of arms list. :/

A while back, I picked up complete M&P lowers for $199, then add in the $700 Daniel Defense upper I picked up, I came out with a nice setup.

Which M&P15T, there is the troy model and the current model with S&W decided do a ton of cost cutting measures to make it pretty cheap, which I really am not a big fan of.

From what I know

They Ditched the chrome lined barrels

They Ditched the Troy battle sights for cheapo magpul plastic sights

Started making their rails inhouse instead of troy battle rails

Don't think they are still using LMT semi BCG, they might be making those inhouse as well.

I was looking at the more expensive one with the Troy sights and chrome lines barrel, etc... Yea the cheaper version goes for $950 right now while the better one is a few $$$ more

If you are looking to save money and get the best bang for your buck, buy the lower and the upper separately and save your self the 11% Federal Excise Tax on complete rifles.

BTW, I love my M&P15T the troy model. Never had an issue with it

If you are looking to save money and get the best bang for your buck, buy the lower and the upper separately and save your self the 11% Federal Excise Tax on complete rifles.

BTW, I love my M&P15T the troy model. Never had an issue with it

Yea, I want that model bad. Its the one I've been looking at and will prolly get :fuckyeah:

Yea, I want that model bad. Its the one I've been looking at and will prolly get :fuckyeah:

Can you even find one? I don't think S&W makes that model anymore and anyone that carried it either liquidated it for cheap and no longer carries them or wants an arm and an leg for them. If I see anything I'll give you a heads up. You could also look on AR15.com and there are plenty of vendors on there as well and a transfer fee is much cheaper than sales tax.. lol

Can you even find one? I don't think S&W makes that model anymore and anyone that carried it either liquidated it for cheap and no longer carries them or wants an arm and an leg for them. If I see anything I'll give you a heads up. You could also look on AR15.com and there are plenty of vendors on there as well and a transfer fee is much cheaper than sales tax.. lol

2 of the gun shops have the troy model in stock. 1 at each store. Post a pic/link to yours so I can make sure its the same one.

2 of the gun shops have the troy model in stock. 1 at each store. Post a pic/link to yours so I can make sure its the same one.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/1fast5gp/P5050262.jpg

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765653_-1_757905_757896_757896_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

There is the link from the smith and wesson website. Don't think they offer it anymore.

How much are these stores asking for theirs?