Watch for deer !!!

conn-e-rot

Yesterday I was riding with a friend on rt 18 in PA we crested a small hill and there was a heard a fucking deer crossing the road right in front of us maybe 50 feet. I counted 8 while trying to stop but there was a lot more in the fields on each side of the road. Luckily we were only running at 60mph and the zx14 has some badass brakes. My buddy was about 3 car lengths behind me when he saw me lock it up and he found out the fz1 has some pretty good brakes and comes back from being sideways pretty easily. When I locked it up there was 8 of them in the road in front of me just strolling accross a couple blips of the trottle sent them scattering loud pipes are awesome. Some how we managed to miss all of them and made it home ok.

coulda got some free venison

...and an messed up bike...

I had a deer run out in front of me last year. It was about 10:00PM and I was on Rt 42 coming into Delaware. I was going about 65 or so and I got this weird feeling. I let the throttle snap shut and hit the brakes a bit, then, there she was. She just ran out and stopped in my line... I had enough time to hit the brakes hard and get stopped, but I wouldn't have if I hadn't reacted to my feeling...

Glad to hear youre ok.

I was in Lexington, KY last summer on the CBR and had a near-death moment. I saw a deer run down the hill and cross the highway on the northbound side. There was a median in the center that he had to clear and I knew I didnt have much time to react. I downshifted from 6th to 2nd and ripped on the throttle. Needless to say the deer cleared the median in one jump and missed my tail end by inches. I could see the whites of its eyes. I had to pull over after that one and contemplate the meaning of life in the bathroom.