T-56

Wheezle

I have for sale a T-56 out of a 95 LT1 Z-28 comaro.

All I have are the trans and the bell housing, no sensors, shifter, or anything else. I purchased this from a member on here thinking I was going to use it in a build. This does not fit an LS motor the way it sits, you would have to buy an adapter kit.

Price $800 FIRM

Edited by Oneslow7

There was an article in GMHTP a few months back on the conversion and it seemed pretty straight-forward.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/ghtp_1203_lt1_t56_adaption_new_version_conversion/index.html

$398 for the conversion kit and you can do it in your garage with basic tools and a bearing press.

Actually it's out of a 95 Z28. It came out of my Camaro when we swapped in the RPM trans. I wanted to swap it while the old one was still good rather than bust it and then swap. It shifted fine and I had no complaints with it when we removed it. The clutch setup on the LT1 model is an external slave cylinder, I don't think it was bad to deal with. If you convert it to an LS1 style I assume you have to convert it to an internal slave. When we built the new motor and reinstalled everything the trans did not want to shift into reverse easily, but once the clutch hydraulics bleed themselves it shifted great. I just had to drive it and work the clutch for a few days.

BTW, this trans was in the car for a few track days, but it has never had anything other than a stock clutch in it, so it's never seen launches any harder than what a stock clutch could handle.

Good luck with the sale, I hope I don't end up regretting letting it go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...