Caging in the snow...

magley64

All I have to say is you live south of canton you don't know crap about snow. I trust magley(who lives in astratucky) LAKE EFFECT is all I have to say. Until you have been in the snow belt you have NO idea what real snow is. I have to drive into this crap to go to work. Nothing like getting a foot of snow when you are in work.

LOL, Lake effect snow, yeah...

i remember one night a few years ago, i went to sleep with a "dusting" of snow on the ground (you could still see grass). when I woke up 6 hours later, there was 4 feet, no joke, you could barely make out the cars in the driveway... nobody went to work or school that day, we spent all day shoveling...

what a waste of a day

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a 4x4 durango now that i put snow tires on in the winter .. awesome in the snow.. my last car was a 87 camaro with a 350.. also had snow tires in the winter.. i could drive through any snow.. drove in level 3 snow emergencies more than a hand full of times with out any problems. just have to know how to handle it.. i prefer the camaro in the snow over the durango..

tires make the car in the winter. PERIOD.. and no its not nesseccary to have 4x4 in most parts of ohio..

i'll stick with my wrangler, i live out where they dont touch the roads with a plow much. i like my 4x4 and will get another when this one dies. plus i love playing in the mud. i had to pull a f150 v8 ext cab lifted 4x4 with 35" in tires out last year with my little 4cyl wrangler it was great i made sure i took pics of that.

i love the wrangler but i want to get a 4x4 truck because of my 4wheeler. it sucks having to borrow a trailer and im too poor to buy my own. i want a f150 ext 4x4 but i was looking into a explorer sport trac.

i have a 2008 crewcab long bed tacoma trd sport 4x2 and its great i just wish i had gotten the 4x4 for the added comfort but the 4x2 works just fine for what it's worth just need better tires and a minimal 1.5 leveling kit for the front and a few sand bags to get some weight over the rear axle

My Forester is great in the snow on all seasons. Now my favorite is when I threw some blizzaks on my 1986 BMW 535i, that things was a blast. There was no corner I didn't go around sideways. That and it just didn't get stuck on anything. Which one would go faster on a track? Probably the forester, there's a reason WRC went from RWD (ages ago) to 4wd, you can throw a car farther into the corner (more speed) and dig out with the throttle.

We'll just have to have an OR meeting at the SCCA Snow-X next year to settle this.

or my old s-10 or my baby brothers 250 would also be fun in the snow

oldtruck.jpg

Lol. Those two trucks are the opposite extremes of the worst possible cars in the snow. The 250, mud running, monster trucking, etc would be ok. The Xtreme S10. . . well they're honestly not good for anything.

Once you've driven something with a low center of gravity (also closer to 50/50 weight distribution) and smart AWD you won't go back. Subie FTW!