Trade C5Z for Evo?

hpfiend

Hey all-

With two kids now, I have really been thinking about the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution... I don't know how spacious they are but it would be sweet to be able to fit 2 car seats in the back, be driveable in the winter and handle decent enough year round... Besides one of our track events had an 8 or 9 sec evo that looked pretty stock on the outside....

I LOVE the looks and performance of my unmodified corvette.. I drive it every day to work that it's not snowing but it sits on the weekends and most of the winter...

frankly the looks of the Evo and the fact that it would have to be modified and the hassles associated wih that do not excite me... The ctsv is appealing as well especially the wagon but snow duty is still out of the question...

Edited by hpfiend
D f ad

I honestly would never consider a mdded EVO. Now if you are looking to get rid of your 2 seat rwd sports car in favor of a family car that is still fun there are only a few real cars that fit what you have in mind. Evo, Sti, Audi and BMW. Only other similar option would be a saab but again that's a Wrx. It's not easy to find a reasonably priced Awd turbo sedan( any of the BMW m3 etc is the exception to the turbo part obviously) . Now the option everyone else will also elk you is why not keep the vette and buy another cheap family car. But if you are considering an Evo I'm sure that thought has crossed you mind plenty of times.

I DD a 2010 Lancer (non EVO :( ). The space is decent. It is relatively comfortable (non-racing seats), and is good on the gas if you are good on the pedal. The Sat Radio w/ the Rockford package more then fills the bill.

That being said, the EVO will require premium fuel. The Mileage will be a LOT worse. If you get the racing seats, they are uncomfortable as hell. It will take a bit of $$$ to get it where you want it. And lastly, it is ugly compared to the Vette.

However, it is AWD and handles nicely.

KillJoy

thanks guys! the 335 twin turbo does seem to fit the bill but I don't want a german car. My wife's acura rl does primary family duty but I feel I would get mote use out of my car if it had a backseat. I am tempted by the terminator mustangs as I do miss my old fox a lot!

You want a real unicorn, there is a 335xi coupe manual with a coral red interior that parks in the heart of campus. Yes, the turbo Bimmer is my suggestion.

They ARE rare. :(

But OP, go drive a e90 335i. If you buy one, check the front passenger fender for the aux oil cooler.