Refinishing a gun

2pointslow

Springfield Armory has a custom shop. Don't know about price though. Might be worth looking into. I thought about having my 1911 springfield done up in a satin black armor coat. Cylinder & Slide will do the slide and frame for 200-300 depending on what finish you do,frame only would probably be half that cost.. Going off web site info.

Lol @ teardown and reassembly, ill do it and save them 3 minutes of their time.

I get what you're syaing, but if I were a shop tearing your gun apart I assume some risk of breaking shit I'm on the hook to replace. I'm not syaing it isn't higher than I expected too, just that I don't see it as unreasonable.

I wouldn't call it hard to do, so if that's cost prohibitive and you're okay with tearing it down - maybe give it a go yourself then?

Told me 265.... the fuck?

I don't get it, I'll have to go down with my shit disassembled and see what they will do with me standing there. I'd do it for $250 out the door for sure. I also need my buttstock and eotech done as well though.