400whp through a STOCK BRZ MOTOR/Trans

thorne

He got air at 120+/- and shifted to 5th while in air?

What?

That appears to be the case:

I got a txt from him last night

"I buried 5th gear 9000 rpm"

"I have a speed problem..racing a 750 gsxr"

"You know that scene in footloose where they race the tractors at each other. I only won cause I wasn't lifting first."

LOL

Don is testing the shit out of this package!

I think I broke a shift fork!

When I got the phone call I was like

"really you had to just blow up shit up eh ?"

Don:

"Naa blew the tranny... caught some air in 4th banged the limiter and heard this noise"

" driving back in 3rd "

Lol

First PPG BRZ?

I'm going into the shop now to pull the trans and disassemble. I have the eery feeling this is what probably happened. It was very violent. I wasn't expecting to leave the ground like that and didn't even have time to think about lifting on the throttle.

Looks like i'll be developing billet shift selectors and forks. And I won't be posting pictures of what broke because some asshat will just copy it like everything else. Don't flat foot shift...Thats your only warning!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so was it the shift fork that broke that i heard or did the trans grenade?

Fork or related part. He's being coy because he's fabricating a replacement part and wants to get it to market before anyone else. Something about a shift selector assembly.

Hey Don, what exactly went bang in the box?

I'm in the process of making a shift selector assy and rail. I'm not going to post anything further. Let the other copycats figure it out themselves!

On another note, Visconti and AP are going to try and get more out of the engine: :megusta:

Not much to update, car is still down.

Will be back up by weeks end.

I'm heading to P&L in the near future and most likely going to Ohio after to turn this bitch up even more.

Hopefully then we can do into the deep into the 10s and move on to the BRZ-500

Just guessing about the BRZ-500.. but come on - whats after 4? ;)

There's a chance this will be a 9 second car before all these other turbos kits actually do something other than dyno videos

John

BRZ-500? I could've sworn the flow map said 65lbs/min on it.

And that just made me realize something. This car can run entirely on the direct injectors. So if the tuner has control over the DI/PI injector cycles, they can put honkin' HUGE injectors in the ports and have no idle or part-throttle driveability issues. That's just plain cool...

Honestly Draco huge injectors don't have the issues of olden days. I've ran 1650's on evos with 93 and they idle flawless. Plus they(AP) are running corn. I know for a fact corn idles and drives perfect on fic's 22lb injectors in a 4cyl. 1650s are stable down to .3ms .

I expect there break point will be around 500 and the rod will let go.

Honestly Draco huge injectors don't have the issues of olden days. I've ran 1650's on evos with 93 and they idle flawless. Plus they(AP) are running corn. I know for a fact corn idles and drives perfect on fic's 22lb injectors in a 4cyl. 1650s are stable down to .3ms .

I expect there break point will be around 500 and the rod will let go.

I found idle harder to control with FIC 1550's on my DSM with 93oct than I do currently with e85. On 93 sometimes the car would idle rich for a couple mnutes then suddenly lean out to the point of stalling. When I spoke with FIC about it they basically told me that the injectors couldn't react fast enough for the little amount of pump gas needed. I asked if e85 would make it easier to get in line due to needing more fuel to acquire the same results and they speculated I would see an improvement, which I did.

But again, that is on a 1G dsm, older technology than an Evo so I may be comparing apples to oranges there.